Merfolk (Dungeons & Dragons)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The mermen appeared in second edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons in Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (1989), and reprinted in the Monstrous Manual (1993). The mermen appeared as a player character race in Dragon #250 (August 1998), as well as for the Forgotten Realms setting in Sea of Fallen Stars (1999).
The merfolk appeared in the third edition Monster Manual (2000), and in the 3.5 revised Monster Manual (2003).
A merfolk has the upper body, arms, and head of a fair-featured human, and instead of legs it has the scaled tail of a great fish.
Merfolk worship the god Eadro.
- Gygax, Gary, and Dave Arneson. Dungeons & Dragons (3-Volume Set) (TSR, 1974)
- Arneson, Dave. Blackmoor (TSR, 1975)
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual (TSR, 1977)
- Allston, Aaron, Steven E. Schend, Jon Pickens, and Dori Watry. Dungeons & Dragons Rules Cyclopedia (TSR, 1991)
- Cook, David, et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (TSR, 1989)
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1992)
- Wyatt, James. "Heroes of the Sea." Dragon #250 (TSR, Aug 1998)
- Schend, Steven E. Sea of Fallen Stars (TSR, 1999)
- Williams, Skip, Jonathan Tweet, and Monte Cook. Monster Manual. Wizards of the Coast, 2000
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|