Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi
|Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi|
|Screenplay by||Ritu Goel|
|Story by||Sonali Jaffar|
|Directed by||Anil V. Kumar|
Ranjan Kumar Singh
|Starring||Radhika Madan |
|Theme music composer||Dony Hazarika|
|Opening theme||Tum Hi Ho|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||446|
|Production locations||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Running time||21–30 min|
Special episodes: 48–50 min
|Production company||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Colors TV |
|Original release||24 June 2014 –|
19 February 2016
Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi (transl. My love is only with you) is an Indian soap opera which premiered on 24 June 2014 on Colors TV based on the British novel Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. The show is produced by Ekta Kapoor of Balaji Telefilms and stars Shakti Arora and Radhika Madan. In UK/Europe, The Serial Aired On Rishtey Europe.
This article's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. (May 2021)
The story is about Ishaani Joshi and Ranveer Vaghela who are childhood friends. Ranveer's father Kailash was the driver of Harshad Parekh - Ishaani's stepfather. Ranveer was smitten by Ishaani's beauty and fell in love with her. But being full aware of their background, Ranveer never confessed his feelings and was happy to stay close to Ishaani as a friend.
Both Ranveer and Ishaani grew up together. Despite being a servant, Harshad and Ishaani treated Ranveer like a family member. However, Baa (Ishaani's Grandmother)treats them terrible and illtreats Ishaani. Yet, Ranveer and Ishaani still are friends but Ranveer falls in love with her. When Ishaani grows up, Harshad starts to look for a good husband for Ishaani. Ranveer recommends a man named Chirag, who, the family at first perceives as a good man. However, Ranveer realises the Chirag is a deceitful man and attempts to warn Ishaani who does not listen. Some misunderstanding lead to the Phareks throwing out the Vagheela family.
2 years later
Ranveer is a successful business tycoon under the name of RV. Ishaani's family is now poor, facing a shortage of money due to Harshad's death and fighting for their former mansion. When it is put up on auction, Ranveer buys it when they lose their case that would have given them all their money back.
When Ishaani's fiancé Chirag Mehta finds out about this, he abandons Ishaani on their wedding day as he was only marrying her as she would have been wealthy. Ranveer, still madly in love with Ishani vows to protect her from Chirag's selfish motives. He comes to know that the case failed because of his mother Amba. As Ishaani is alone on her wedding day, he volunteers to marry Ishaani to save her family even though he had previously committed to marry Ritika Zaveeri, the wealthy daughter of jeweler Sanjeev Zaaveri. However Ritika allows him to marry Ishaani as she realises that she would be happy to see them get together as she knew that they were true lovers.
Ranveer is happy that his dream came true and can finally be happy with his childhood love Ishaani. However, she still does not love him and only marries him after her mother Falguni begs her to realize that Ranveer is the only person who can save her family from poverty.
Ranveer's one sided love and respect for Ishaani makes her realize that they could go back to being friends. Chirag returns after leaving Ishaani at her wedding. Wanting revenge from Ranveer, he tries in making Ishaani believe Ranveer is responsible for Harshad's demise.
Ishaani refuses to believe Chirag but he uses his many resources to convince her that Ranveer killed Harshad. Heartbroken, Ishaani spends time with Chirag on Karwa Chauth trying to find more evidence. Chirag runs car over Shenela with Ishaani's car and Shanela's brother vows to take revenge for her condition as she ends up in coma.
Shenela wakes up and tries to tell her brother that Chirag was trying to destroy Ranveer. However, he mistakes Ranveer to be the killer.
Ishaani finally realizes Ranveer's innocence. Chirag tries to rape her and reveals how Ranveer had been saving her from every problem and he was not Harshad's killer. However, he asks a friend to take pictures of them while he forced her to come close to him. He then sends them to RV. In the ensuing scuffle, Ishaani gets hurt but manages to run away. She goes to Ranveer to complete her fast believing him and hoping to reunite.
At first Ranveer doesn't believe that Ishaani cheated on him. But when he is sent fake intimate pictures of them, made by Chirag, he gets heartbroken and goes to confront Ishaani. While Ishaani is looking for RV Shenela's brother shoots Ranveer who is rushed to the hospital. Ishaani expresses her love for Ranveer as he slips into coma. RV almosts dies but Ishaani saves him and prays at the temple for him.
Ranveer wakes up but reveals he has lost trust in Ishaani and now hates her.Amba is also against Ishaani who plans to win back Ranveer's love, fighting hurdles along the way. Meanwhile, Deesha gets pregnant and tries to save herself by marrying Manas. However, RV's family reveals the plot. Manas' family still accepts Deesha. As Ranveer discovers Chirag's intentions, he reunites with Ishaani and decides to make their relationship public on Ritika and Sharman's Sangeet ceremony. However, before the wedding, Ritika finds out that she is pregnant. Sharman calls the wedding off as he does not trust Ritika, especially as he saw her with RV(who was just seeking advice from her).
Sanjeev dies after knowing about Ritika's pregnancy and Sharman calls off the wedding. Chirag and Ranveer fight in a secluded place while Ishaani follows them and is shocked to see Chirag's dead body. Believing Ranveer had murdered him, she takes the blame and goes to jail, sentenced to be executed. But she has to break Ranveer's trust in order to do so.
6 months later
Assumed dead, Ishaani is saved by Ranveer's friend Shikhar Mehra, a lawyer. Ritika lives in the Vaghela Mansion as Ranveer's wife for her unborn child. Ishaani begins to live in Shikhar's house. He falls in love with her. Eventually, everyone gets to know that Ishaani is alive. When Falguni rushes to see her daughter, she the rails on the terrace give away and she falls and dies. Shikhar and Ritika sneak Ishaani inside and dhe mourns over her mother's mysterious death.
Ranveer tells Shikhar that Ishaani is still his wife. But believing that he is the father of Ritika's child and happy in his life, Ishaani lies to him that she never loved him back and would rather die than reuniting with him. When Shikhar proposes, Ishaani accepts his proposal and announces her wedding with him.
Ranveer makes Shikhar realize that Ishaani is not right for him and she is only using him for his money. Ishaani discloses to Shikhar that she is marrying him to move on and he understands her. As Ranveer discourages (as he is jealous) Ishaani, she tells him not to meddle and expresses hatred toward him.
Ritika then reveals her true self to Ishaani and tells her that she killed Chirag and had the rails damaged in order to kill Falguni. When Ishaani threatens to tell RV, Ritika stabs her and leaves her to die but Shikhar rescues her and rushes her to the hospital. A reformed Baa teams up with her to make a plan to reveal Ritika.
Vowing to protect Ranveer from Ritika's clutches, Ishaani stops their wedding presenting evidence that their divorce wasn't finalized yet.. Having no evidence, Ishaani doesn't expose her but fakes a memory loss and tries many ways to make Ranveer trust her, to which he refuses. However, Ritika gets jealous and hires a man to shoot Ishaani. On that night, Chirag's mother confronts Ritika and reveals that she had conceived Chirag's child. Ritika tries to stop her but the man whom she had hired to kill Ishaani accidentally shoots her in the stomach.
Ritika loses her unborn child and blames Ishaani. When Ranveer inquires with the killer about it, he also gives the same explanation about Ishaani being the contractor. She tries her best to make Ranveer believe about Ritika's true motives. However, he throws Ishaani out of his house.
Ishaani comes back. But Ranveer blackmails her for divorce. Ishaani jumps into a river to prevent Ranveer from committing suicide. Following this, Ranveer starts believing her and traps Ritika in his own plan. She is finally exposed and given a jail sentence.
Ranveer rushes to Ishaani who goes to the railway station with her family leaving to Baroda. They finally express their feelings and reunite.
However, it is revealed that Ranveer had a twin brother named Milan, whom his parents were forced to give up for adoption when they were in dire need of money after Ranveer had met with a serious accident during their childhood. Milan hates Ranveer and vows to destroy him and snatch everything Ranveer holds dear. On their wedding night, Milan kidnaps Ranveer and enters into Vaghela Mansion posing as him. However, Ishaani starts to notice his changing behavior immediately. With time, Milan falls in love with her and despite creating a lot of hurdles when he realizes he cannot take Ranveer's place in Ishaani's life, he injects Ranveer's face with Virus D that will degrade his face. He also kills Sharman and makes a video of confessing to his crime under Ranveer's name and commits suicide.
Ritika comes out of the jail to take revenge from Ishaani along with Nirbhay Singh Ahlawat who thinks Ranveer is responsible for his wife's death and his sister Naina being paralyzed. Nirbhay teams up with Ritika in order to exact revenge from RV and Ishaani. He sends Ritika to Ranveer's house where she blackmails Ishaani. Ritika gets RV out of jail and Nirbay who is the owner of the lab that makes the antidote of Virus D. Ritika and Nirbay torture Ishaani. Ishaani agrees and Ranveer gets freed. Nirbhay keeps torturing Ishaani to exact his revenge from Ranveer. Ranveer comes to take revenge from Ishaani but still hopes that Ishaani had a reason to do everything and she was still in love with him. Naina falls in love with Ranveer and he accepts the proposal to spite Ishaani. During the function he notices Ritika and gets confident about some conspiracy going behind his back. He confronts Ishaani several times and finally she accepts she had always been in love with him and the two consummates their marriage on their wedding anniversary. Ranveer gathers evidences and proves to Nirbhay that he didn't kill his wife Pooja. It is revealed that Pooja's family members had planned the accident to kill Nirbhay as they hated him and wanted his property. Enraged, Nirbhay throws them out and apologizes to Ishaani and Ranveer. Ritika escapes before Nirbay shouts at her and the two finally unite and happily embrace each other.
- Shakti Arora as
- Radhika Madan as Ishaani Vaghela / Parekh / Joshi – Faalguni and Nitin's daughter; Disha's half-sister; Ranveer's wife; Chirag's and Shikhar's former fiancée
- Arjun Bijlani as Shikhar Mehra – Ishaani's former fiancé and best friend; Ritika and Ranveer's friend
- Shahab Khan as Kailash Vaghela – Ranveer and Milan's Father
- Utkarsha Naik as Amba Vaghela – Ranveer and Milan's mother
- Smriti Khanna as Ritika Zaveri – Ranveer and Sharman's former fiancé 
- Mohit Abrol as Nirbhay Singh Ahlawat – Ranveer's enemy; Ritika's friend
- Ravjeet Singh as Chirag Mehta – Ishaani and Ritika's ex-fiancé
- Gauri Pradhan as Faalguni Joshi / Parekh – Nitin's ex-wife; Harshad's wife; Ishaani and Disha's mother
- Prithvi Sankhala as Harshad Parekh – Maadhvi's brother; Faalguni's husband; Ishaani's adoptive father; Disha's father
- Hiten Tejwani as Nitin Joshi – Faalguni's ex-husband; Ishaani's father
- Maleeka Ghai as Maadhvi Parekh – Harshad's sister; Ishaani and Disha's aunt
- Tisha Kapoor as Disha Parekh / Shah – Faalguni and Harshad's daughter; Ishaani's half-sister; Rishi's ex-fiancée; Manas's ex-wife; Krish's mother
- Anas Khan as Manas Shah – Disha's ex-husband; Krish's step-father
- Giriraj Kabra as Rishi Vyas – Disha's ex-fiancé; Krish's father
- Unknown as Krish Vyas / Shah – Disha and Rishi's son; Manas's step-son
- Hardik Thakkar as Prateek Parekh – Ishaani's cousin
- Lankesh Bhardwaj as Police Inspector
- Deep Jaitely as Uttam
- Sunny Bajaj as Vikram
- Akanksha Juneja as Naina – Nirbhay's sister
- Parul Chauhan as Aarti Singh Ahlawat – Nirbhay and Naina's sister-in-law
- Dolly Sohi as Rajeshwari
- Gaurav Sarode as Shivam
- Gautam Gupta as Sharman Parekh – Ishaani's cousin, Ritika's ex-fiancé, Nimisha's boyfriend
- Aparna Dixit as Gauri – Ishaani's cousin
- Sarita Joshi as Hansa Parekh – Matriarch of the Parekh household
- Anmol Parnami as Devarsh Parekh – Ishaani's cousin; Sharman's brother
- Poonam Pandey as Krisha Parekh – Devarsh's wife; Shikhar's sister
- Nitin Vakharia as Mitesh Parekh –Ishaani and Disha's uncle; Harshad's brother; Sharman and Devarsh's father
- Manisha Kanojia/Roma Navani as Chaitali Parekh – Ishaani and Disha's aunt; Mitesh's wife; Sharman and Devarsh's mother
- Mihir Rajda as Manahar Parekh
- Amita Choksi as Vishaka Parekh
- Unknown as Ketan Mehta, Chirag and Nimisha's father
- Hetal Yadav as Shweta Ketan Mehta, Chirag and Nimisha's mother 
- Pallavi Rao as Lakshmi – Amba's sister
- Parveen Kaur as Shikhar's Aunt
- Urmila Nimbalkar/Charu Mehra as Paarul – Lakshmi's daughter; Ranveer's cousin
- Deepak Dutta as Raaj Mehra – Shikhar's father
- Sweetly Walia as Shikhar's aunt
- Deepali Kamath as Kanchan Mehra – Shikhar's mother
- Supriya Shailaja as Nimisha Mehta – Chirag's sister and Sharman's girlfriend
- Mohsin Khan as Roumil – Gauri's abusive husband
- Zaara Khan as Ruchika
- Priyanka Chandel as Shanela – Chirag's girlfriend
- Sanjay Gandhi as Sanjeev Zaveri – Ritika's father
- Abhay Bhargava as Advocate M.F. Purohit
- Priyanka Sidana as Garima
- Sahil Miglani as Bhavesh
- Rose Sardana as Shanaya
- Imran Hasnee as Rawal
- Neel Motwani as Pranav – Gauri's ex-lover
- Amit Tandon as Rajat
- Toral Rasputra as Anandi (Guest)
- Mouni Roy as Shivanya (Guest)
- Adaa Khan as Shesha (Guest)
International broadcast and dubs
- The series was dubbed in Malayalam as Praanasakhi from 15 July 2019 in Surya Tv
- The series was dubbed in Sinhalese as Sadahatama Oba Mage on TV Derana in Sri Lanka.
- The series is dubbed in Afghanistan's language Pashto as Mina and airs on Lemar TV.
- This series was dubbed in Polimer TV as Urave Uyire in Tamil
Awards and Nominations
|2014||Indian Television Academy Awards||GR8! Performer of the Year - Male||Shakti Arora||Nominated|
|2015||Indian Telly Awards||Best On-Screen Couple||Shakti Arora & Radhika Madan||Nominated|
|Best Actor in Lead Role (Popular)||Shakti Arora|
|Best Fresh New Face (Female)||Radhika Madan||Won|
|Kalakar Awards||Rising Star of the Year||Shakti Arora||Won|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Youth Icon of the Year||Shakti Arora||Won|
|Best Fresh New Face (Female)||Radhika Madan|
|Gold Awards||Gold Debut in Lead Role (Female)||Won|
|2016||Indian Television Academy Awards||Youth Icon of the Year (Female)||Won|
|Kalakar Awards||Best Actress (Popular)||Won|
- "Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi episodes". Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi. 14 November 2014. Archived from the original on 27 March 2016. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "Ekta Kapoor: If viewers feel the pain, it will be an ultimate win for us". The Times of India. 17 June 2014. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Trivedi, Tanvi (16 October 2015). "Shakti faces the pressure of playing a double role". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Trivedi, Tanvi (26 August 2015). "Shakti Arora performs his most daredevil stunt". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Bhatia, Saloni (24 January 2015). "Shakti Arora likes playing complex characters". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Bhatia, Saloni (24 April 2015). "Radhika Madan: I have slapped all my male co- stars". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Bhatia, Saloni (7 April 2015). "Radhika Madan: Delhi people still go 'OMG' when they see an actor". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi: Radhika Madan takes Gujarati lessons on the sets". The Times of India. 22 June 2014. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Maheshwri, Neha (10 April 2015). "Arjun Bijlani opposite Ishani in Meri Aashiqui". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Bhatia, Saloni (10 April 2015). "Arjun Bijlani back to TV shows after a year". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Bhatia, Saloni (9 October 2014). "Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi: Smriti Khanna in a love triangle in the TV show". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Maheshwri, Neha (5 December 2015). "Mohit Abrol is the new hero opposite Ishani in 'Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi'". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Maheshwri, Neha (25 March 2015). "Meri Aashiqui's Chirag joins Zee TV's 'Pethawala'". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Ravjeet Singh a part of 'Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi'". The Times of India. 3 December 2014. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Trivedi, Tanvi (8 April 2015). "Gauri Pradhan quits 'Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi'". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Gauri plays overtly practical woman in 'Meri Aashiqui...': Ekta". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Rajesh, Srividya (7 December 2015). "Parul Chauhan returns to fiction with Colors' Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi". tellychakkar.com.
- "Ankita Lokhande's sister bags Paridhi's role in Ekta's show". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Trivedi, Tanvi (14 January 2016). "Mother and daughter to compete as 'baa' on TV". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Maheshwri, Neha (30 May 2014). "After Gauri, Manisha to return to TV with Ekta Kapoor's Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Bhopatkar, Tejashree (27 June 2014). "Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi: Uttaran actress bags Ekta Kapoor's show". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "In & Out: TV celebs onboard, quit or kicked out". The Times of India. 1 January 2016. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Pranasakhi and Nilapakshi-New Hindi dubbed serials on surya tv from 15th July Latest Hindi Dubbed Serials on Malayalam - Pranasakhi and Nilapakshi". keralatv.in.
- You are being redirected. Derana.lk. Retrieved on 9 September 2019.
- "'Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi' wraps up shoot; fans brace for a dramatic ending". International Business Times India. 6 February 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- Trivedi, Tanvi (19 February 2016). "Why 'Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi' had to wrap up". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Narayan, Girija (3 November 2014). "14th Indian Television Awards 2014: Complete Winners List, Beintehaa, Comedy Nights With Kapil." filmibeat.com.
- "Nominations for Indian Telly Awards 2015 out; see who all have made the cut". India Today. 20 November 2015.
- "Indian Telly Awards 2015 Winners: Complete list of winners". timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- Productions, Fuzion. "Shakti Arora, Preetika Rao, Harshad Arora, Gauahar Khan Receive The Kalakar Award - Page 5 Of 5".
- Narayan, Girija (7 September 2015). "ITA Awards 2015 Complete Winners List: Yeh Hai Mohabbatein, Meri Aashiqui., Saathiya Shine! [PHOTOS]". filmibeat.com.
- Sarkar, Prarthna (22 June 2015). "Zee Gold Awards 2015 Highlights, Complete Winners' List: 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein' Bags Most Honours; Karan-Divyanka's Romance Steals the Show". International Business Times, India Edition.
- "ITA Awards 2016: Mouni Roy, Shabbir Ahluwalia emerge big winners, see pics, video". The Indian Express. 14 November 2016.
- Goswami, Parismita (25 January 2016). "Kalakar Awards: Radhika Madan, 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' actors bag prestigious awards [PHOTO]". International Business Times, India Edition.