Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi
|Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi|
|Created by||Balaji Telefilms|
Anil V. Kumar|
Ranjan Kumar singh
|Theme music composer||Arjat singh|
|Opening theme||tum hi ho|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||446|
|Production location(s)||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Special episodes: 48-50 min
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Original release||24 June 2014– 19 February 2016|
Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi (English: My Love Is Only With You) is an Indian soap opera which premiered on 24 June 2014 and aired every Monday to Friday at 10:00 pm on Colors TV. The storyline is inspired by Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. The show is produced by Ekta Kapoor of Balaji Telefilms and stars Shakti Arora and Radhika Madan in lead roles. The show has take totally 4 leaps. It is also dubbed in Tamil as Urave Uyire (Relationship Is Live) and airs on Polimer TV as well as in Odia as Mo Mana Tori Pain and airs on Colors Odia and it is aired in Sri Lanka as Sadahatama Oba Mage on TV Derana dubbed in Sinhalese. The serial is also dubbed in Afghani language (Pashto) and is known as Mina on LemarTv. The final episode aired on 19 February 2016.
This section's plot summary may be too long or excessively detailed. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ranveer Vaghela is a servant in Parekh household and is in love with Ishaani Parekh, the daughter of a rich businessman Harshad Parekh who is the employer of Ranveer's family. He never expects more than friendship from her and never tells Ishani his true feelings for her because he knows that she can never love him back. Ranveer is also very close to Harshad who he considers his idol, and helps him invest in the right shares. When he asks Ranveer to find Ishani a husband, he agrees.
Eventually, Ishaani’s father, Harshad, finds a wealthy man named Chirag, who is secretly a gold digger and only wants to marry Ishaani for her money. Ranveer finds this out, however no one believes him because Ranveer is only a servant. One day, Ishaani's sister, Disha, tempted by her infatuation for Ranveer and tries to seduce Ranveer but he rejects her so, advised by her grandmother Hansa, she accuses him of raping her because she doesn’t want anyone to know that she was rejected by a low class servant. Though Ishaani and Harshad don’t believe Disha, it is revealed that Ranveer loves Ishaani who misunderstands his love as lust and the entire household brutally beats Ranveer, kicks him and his family out and send him to a jail temporarily.
2 Years Later
Ranveer is now free and has become a successful business tycoon under a new name, RV. Meanwhile, Ishaani's family are facing a shortage of money due to her father Harshad's death. Ishaani's mother, Falguni is shown married to a man, Nitin Joshi after Harshad's death. They fight for their former mansion when it is put up on auction and Ranveer eventually ends up buys it when they lose their case that would have given them all their money back. When Chirag finds out, he abandons Ishaani on their wedding day when he realizes Ishaani will no longer be wealthy.
Ranveer comes to know that his mother, Amba Vaghela is the reason for the failure of the case. So, as Ishaani is alone on her wedding day, Ranveer volunteers to marry Ishaani to save her family even though Ranveer had previously committed to marry Ritika Zaaveri, the wealthy daughter of a jeweler Sanjeev Zaaveri. Ranveer is happy that his dream came true and he can finally be happy with his childhood love, Ishaani.
However, Ishaani still does not love him back and only marries him after her mother begs her to and realizes Ranveer is the only person who can save her family from poverty. Ranveer's one sided love and respect for Ishaani make her realize that there is a chance they could at least go back to being friends.
Chirag, who is now Ishanai’s ex-fiancé, returns after leaving Ishaani at her wedding. Chirag wants revenge from Ranveer so he manages to convince Ishaani that the true cause of her father Harshad's death is Ranveer. Ishaani does not believe him initially but Chirag uses his many resources to convince her that Ranveer killed her father Harshad. Ishaani is heartbroken and because of this, on the day of karwa chauth, she spends the entire day with Chirag, trying to find more evidence.
That same day, Chirag runs the car over Shenela and her brother vows to take revenge for the condition of his sister. Later, Shenela wakes up and tells to brother that she was trying to killed by her lover. Ranveer, thinking Ishaani was the culprit, takes the blame for her and causes the girl’s brother to think Ranveer put her in the hospital. Meanwhile Chirag tried to rape Ishaani but failed to do so but he put some marks on Ishaani's body. Chirag also tells Ishaani that Ranveer was not the murderer of her father.He also tells that it was Ranveer who brought you closer to me and you loves me. Later Ishaani runs away from there then Ranveer finds out Ishaani has gone out with her ex-fiancé and as he is about to confront Ishaani, he is shot by the girl’s brother and is taken to the hospital. As he lies in a coma, Ishaani expresses her love for him finally. When he wakes up, he has lost all trust in Ishaani. Ishaani wins back Ranveer's love.
Ritika (now Ranveer’s ex-fiancée), is set to marry Ishaani's cousin, Sharman, but he calls off their marriage, just as Ritika’s father Sanjeev Zaaveri dies, because his father comes to know that his daughter, Ritika is pregnant. Chirag and Ranveer fight in a secluded place and Ishaani, having followed the pair, arrives to find a confused Ranveer standing over Chirag's dead body. Believing Ranveer had murderer him, she takes the blame and goes to jail, sentenced to be executed.
6 Months Later
Ishaani is assumed to be dead. Advocate Shikhar Mehra, Ritika and Ranveer's friend, saves Ishaani's life. Ritika is living with the Vaghela family as Ranveer's acting wife for the sake of Ritika's unborn child while Ishaani starts living in Shikhar's mansion as employee but he loves her. Soon, everyone comes to know that Ishaani is alive.
Ranveer tells Shikhar that Ishaani is his wife but she tells Shikhar that she left Ranveer. She is still in love with Ranveer but thinks that he is the father of Ritika's child so, to stop him from coming back to her, she decides to marry Shikhar.
Later, Ranveer tries to convince Shikhar to not to marry Ishaani as he thinks she's a goldigger but she tells Shikhar the real reason she wants to marry him. Ishaani's mother, Falguni, dies so her family join her in Shikhar's house. It is revealed that the father of Ritika's child is not Sharman but Chirag and that she killed him because he refused to marry her and give the child his name. Ishaani comes to know about it and decides to expose Ritika in front of the Vaghela family by entering the house under the pretense of memory loss.
Ritika and Ranveer's marriage is called off as Shikhar declares that Ranveer and Ishaani are still married. Ishaani is about to consummate her marriage with Ranveer but stops. She had promised to return to Shikhar. Ritika miscarries when the assassin she hired to kill Ishaani accidentally shoots her instead. She accuses Ishaani of trying to kill her but Devarsh, Ishaani's cousin and Sharman's brother, gets framed for attempting to kill Ishaani.
Ranveer emotionally blackmails Ishaani into divorcing him so he can marry Ritika. Ranveer has false marriage ceremony with Ritika (with a fake priest and wrong mantras) but finally believes Ishaani about Ritika's reality when he discovers it himself. After, Ritika is jailed for double murder - those of Chirag and Falguni - Ishaani leaves Shikhar for Ranveer but their divorce still goes through.
6 Months Later
Ranveer and Ishaani get married again but Ranveer's long lost twin brother Milaan replaces him after their marriage to take revenge from his family. Ranveer and Milaan's parents Amba and Kailaash had sold Milaan to a rich family to cure Ranveer's illness.
Chirag's sister, Nimisha, tries to expose Milaan. Milaan murders both Nimisha and Sharman. Everyone comes to know about Milaan being Ranveer's twin brother and he has replaced Ranveer before committing suicide, he frames Ranveer for Sharman's murder and injecting virus to Ranveer.
To prove Ranveer's innocence and cure Ranveer's illness, Ishaani leaves Ranveer because of a man named Nirbhay Singh Ahlawat's condition who is a successful businessman in Haryana. Nirbhay gives proofs of Ranveer's innocence to the court and Ranveer is proved innocent in court and starts Ranveer's treatment with antidote.
6 Months Later
Ishaani has started a fake marriage with Nirbhay who is actually Ritika's friend, who is in Haryana. Nirbhay hates Ranveer because he thinks he killed his first wife so he abuses Ishaani. Ranveer gets engaged to Nirbhay's sister, Naina to take revenge from Ishaani. Ranveer sees Ritika in Nirbhay's house and doubts.He finds out that Ishaani left him for a reason. Ishaani and Ranveer get caught after making love in Nirbhay's house. Soon, Nirbhay's misunderstanding is cleared up and he reunites Ishaani and Ranveer.
- Shakti Arora as Ranveer Kailaash Vaghela / Milan Kailaash Vaghela (Twins) Ishaani's Husband (Main Male Lead)
- Radhika Madan as Ishaani Ranveer Vaghela, Ranveer's Wife (Main Female Lead)
- Shahab Khan as Kailaash Vaghela, Ranveer and Milan's father
- Utkarsha Naik as Amba Kailaash Vaghela, Ranveer and Milan's mother
- Smriti Khanna as Ritika Zaveri, Ranveer's former fiancé (Main Female Antagonist)
- Arjun Bijlani as Shikhar Raaj Narayan Mehra, Ishaani's former fiancé, Ritika and Ranveer's friend 
- Mohit Abrol as Nirbhay Singh Ahlawat, Ranveer's enemy, Ritika's friend (Antagonist-turned-Protagonist)
- Ravjeet Singh as Chirag Ketan Mehta, Ishaani ex-fiancé and Ritika's ex-boyfriend
- Akanksha Juneja as Naina Singh Ahlawat, Ranveer's second ex-fiancée, Nirbhay's sister
- Hardik Thakkar as Prateek Parekh, Ishaani's cousin
- Deep Jaitely as Uttam
- Sunny Bajaj as Vikram
- Parul Chauhan as Aarti Singh Ahlawat, Nirbhay and Naina's Sister in law 
- Dolly Sohi as Rajeshwari
- Gaurav Sarode as Shivam
- Gautam Gupta as Sharman Mitesh Parekh, Ishaani's cousin, Ritika's ex-fiancé, Nimisha's boyfriend
- Gauri Pradhan Tejwani as Faalguni Nitin Joshi/Faalguni Harshad Parekh, Ishaani and Disha's mother
- Prithvi Sankhala as Harshad Govardhandas Parekh, Disha's biological father and Ishaani's adoptive father
- Hiten Tejwani as Nitin Joshi, Ishaani's biological father
- Maleeka R Ghai as Maadhvi Parekh, Harshad's sister
- Aparna Dixit as Gauri, Ishaani's cousin
- Sarita Joshi as Hansa Govardhandas Parekh, Matriarch of the Parekh household
- Anmol Parnami as Devarsh Mitesh Parekh, Ishaani's cousin, Sharman's brother
- Poonam Pandey as Krisha Devarsh Parekh, Devarsh's wife and Shikhar's sister
- Nitin Vakharia as Mitesh Govardhandas Parekh, Ishaani and Disha's uncle, Harshad's brother, Sharman and Devarsh's father
- Manisha Kanojia/Roma Navani as Chaitali Mitesh Parekh, Ishaani and Disha's aunt, Mitesh's wife, Sharman and Devarsh's mother 
- Mihir Rajda as Manahar Parekh
- Amita Choksi as Vishaka Parekh
- Anas Khan as Manas Shah, Disha's ex-husband
- Tisha Kapoor as Disha Harshad Parekh / Disha Manas Shah, Ishaani's sister, Manas's ex-wife, Krish's mother, Rishi's ex-girlfriend
- as Ketan Mehta, Chiraag and Nimisha's father
- as baby Krish Rishi Vyas, Disha and Rishi's illegitimate son, Manas's step-son
- Hetal Yadav as Shweta Ketan Mehta, Chiraag and Nimisha's mother 
- Pallavi Rao as Lakshmi, Amba's sister
- Parveen Kaur as Shikhar's Aunt
- Urmila Nimbalkar/Charu Mehra as Paarul, Lakshmi's daughter and Ranveer's cousin
- Deepak Dutta as Raaj Narayan Mehra, Shikhar's father
- Sweetly Walia as Shikhar's Aunt
- Deepali Kamath as Kanchan Raaj Narayan Mehra, Shikhar's mother
- Supriya Shailaja as Nimisha Ketan Mehta, Chiraag's sister and Sharman's girlfriend
- Mohsin Khan as Roumil, Gauri's abusive husband
- Zaara Khan as Ruchika
- Priyanka Chandel as Shanela, Chiraag's girlfriend
- Sanjai Gandhi as Sanjeev Zaveri, Ritika's father
- Giriraj Kabra as Rishi Vyas, Disha's ex-boyfriend and father of her child krish
- Kunal Bhatia as Mitali Naag
- Abhay Bhargava as Advocate M.F.Purohit
- Priyanka Sidana as Garima
- Sahil Miglani as Bhavesh
- Rose Sardana as Shanaya
- Imran Hasnee as Rawal
- Neel Motwani as Pranav, Gauri's ex-lover
- Amit Tandon as Rajat
- Adaa Khan to promote Naagin (2015 TV series)
- Mouni Roy to promote Naagin (2015 TV series)
- Aftab Shivdasani to promote Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3
- Tusshar Kapoor to promote Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3
Awards and nominations
- ITA Award for Desh Ka Dhaaravahik - Best Serial 2014/nomination
- Indian Telly Award for Best Daily Serial 2015 Balaji Telefilms/nomination
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Television Fiction Show 2015 Balaji Telefilms/nomination
- "Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi episodes". Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi. 14 November 2014. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "Ekta Kapoor: If viewers feel the pain, it will be an ultimate win for us". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "7 Hindi TV Serials That Are Actually Based On English Novels". 11 April 2017. Retrieved 2018-04-15.
- "'Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi' wraps up shoot; fans brace for a dramatic ending". International Business Times India. 6 February 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- "Why 'Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi' had to wrap up". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Shakti faces the pressure of playing a double role". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Shakti Arora performs his most daredevil stunt". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Shakti Arora likes playing complex characters". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Radhika Madan: I have slapped all my male co- stars". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Saloni Bhatia (6 April 2015). "Radhika Madan: Delhi people still go 'OMG' when they see an actor". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi: Radhika Madan takes Gujarati lessons on the sets". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi: Smriti Khanna in a love triangle in the TV show". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Arjun Bijlani opposite Ishani in Meri Aashiqui". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Arjun Bijlani back to TV shows after a year". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Mohit Abrol is the new hero opposite Ishani in 'Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi'". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Meri Aashiqui's Chirag joins Zee TV's 'Pethawala'". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Ravjeet Singh a part of 'Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi'". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Parul Chauhan returns to fiction with Colors' Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi". tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- "Gauri Pradhan quits 'Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi'". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Gauri plays overtly practical woman in 'Meri Aashiqui...': Ekta". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- Template:Cite looweb
- "Hiten Tejwani: Acting with one's wife even more exciting". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Ankita Lokhande's sister bags Paridhi's role in Ekta's show". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Mother and daughter to compete as 'baa' on TV". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "After Gauri, Manisha to return to TV with Ekta Kapoor's Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi: Uttaran actress bags Ekta Kapoor's show". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Arjun Bijlani back to TV shows after a year". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Giriraj Kabra enters Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi: The mystery man who shoots RV is Kunal Bhatia!". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.
- "In & Out: TV celebs onboard, quit or kicked out". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 April 2016.