|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
An Egyptian pack of Merit with a text warning
|Owner||Philip Morris USA|
A lawsuit has been filed by the U.S. Department of Justice against Philip Morris USA, the cigarettes' manufacturer, for concealing information about certain fire hazards of the brand. It has been alleged that the rolling paper used in Merit is excessively flammable to standards.
- Gold Pack (Light) - Soft: Kings & 100s, Box: Kings
- Blue Pack (Ultra Light) - Soft: Kings & 100s, Box: Kings & 100s
- Bronze Pack (Ultima) - Soft: Kings & 100s, Box: Kings & 100s
- Menthol Gold Pack (Light) - Soft: Kings & 100s
- Menthol Silver Pack (Ultra Light) - Soft: Kings & 100s
(There is no Menthol Ultima.)
- "U.S. Suit Alleges Philip Morris Hid Cigarette-Fire Risk". WSJ. 2004-04-23. Retrieved 2016-02-13.
- Merit Cigarettes, Legal Examiner Wiki