Merkavim factory in Caesarea
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Merkavim Transportation Technologies Ltd., shortened to Merkavim (Hebrew: מרכבים), is the largest bus manufacturing company in Israel. They produce many different types of buses, including tourism coaches, urban buses, long-distance buses and minibuses. In addition to this, they also provide specialist buses, such as bullet-proof buses, prisoner-transport vehicles and VIP transport vehicles. The company was founded in 1946 and is jointly owned by Israeli vehicle-importer Mayer Cars and Trucks and by AB Volvo.
Long distance buses
- Mars - Intercity bus
- Low Entrance Pioneer - Low entry/floor bus on VDL SB230 Chassis and Volvo B7RLE Chassis Gearbox Is ZF Ecolife and Man A69 18.290 HOCL NL Gearbox is Voith D854.5 and Mercedes Benz OC500LE Gearbox ZF Ecolife and MAN RC2 19.290 HOCL and Volvo B8RLE ZF Ecolife Transmission
- Low Floor NL
- Articulated BRT
- Low Floor Mercury- On Volvo B7L Chassis With Voith D864.3E
- Apollo - Coach for tourism and special rides
- Apollo Premium - A new version of the Apollo
- City 22 - Minibus based on Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
- CORAL - shuttle minibus based on Mercedes-Benz Sprinter
- Mars Defender - Double rear axle
- Apollo Premium VIP to business rides
- Mobile Library
- Prisoner Bus
- "Merkavim transportation Ltd". Merkavim. Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- "Mayer Group Merkavim Transportation Technologies Ltd". Mayer Group. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "Merkavim Transportation Technologies LTD | Israel Defense". www.israeldefense.co.il. Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- "Merkavim - Company Profile". Merkavim. Retrieved 2016-03-05.
- Ha'argaz, another Israeli bus manufacturer
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Merkavim.|