Mermaid Beach, Queensland
Gold Coast, Queensland
Mermaid Beach, looking North
|Population||6,533 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Gold Coast|
|State electorate(s)||Mermaid Beach|
The suburb is bounded to the west by the artificial canals of adjacent Mermaid Waters and to the east by the Pacific Ocean. To the north is the suburb of Broadbeach, to the south Miami. The Gold Coast Highway passes through Mermaid Beach.
Mermaid Beach was used during World War II by US servicemen, and was named Los Angeles Beach as well as Miami Beach to the south.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Mermaid Beach (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "Mermaid Beach (suburb) (entry 46061)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- Millionaires Mile Archived 2006-08-21 at the Wayback Machine
- "Branch Locations". Queensland Country Women's Association. Retrieved 26 December 2018.
- Gold Coast City Council
- University of Queensland: Queensland Places: Mermaid Beach
- Mermaid Beach Surf Lifesaving Club
|This article related to Gold Coast, Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|