(Redirected from Mermaids)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up mermaid in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A mermaid is a mythical creature with the upper body of a woman and the lower body of a fish.
Mermaid may also refer to:
- Mermaid Beach, Queensland, a suburb of the Gold Coast.
- Mermaid Reach, a reach of the Brisbane River, Queensland.
- Mermaid Reef, one of three reefs that make up Rowley Shoals, Western Australia.
- Mermaid Waters, Queensland, a suburb of the Gold Coast.
- Mermaids Cave, Blue Mountains, New South Wales, site where an unknown creature was found.
In United Kingdom
- Mermaid Quay, a shopping and leisure complex in Cardiff Bay, Wales.
- The Mermaid (river), a watercourse in Norfolk, England.
Arts, entertainment, and media
- The Mermaid, alternative title for "The Little Mermaid" (Den lille havfrue) by Hans Christian Andersen
- The Mermaid (1910 film), a 1910 film by the Than houser Company
- The Mermaid (1965 film), a 1965 Hong Kong film
- Mermaids (1990 film), 1990 film starring Cher, Winona Ryder, and Christina Ricci
- Mermaid (1996 film), originally Rusalka, a 1996 animated short film by Aleksandr Petrov
- Mermaid (2000 film), directed by Peter Masterson
- Mermaids (2003 film), starring Erika Heynatz
- Mermaid (2007 film) (Russian: Русалка, Rusalka), 2007 film directed by Anna Melikian
- Mermaids: The Body Found, a 2012 documentary-style television film
- The Mermaid (2016 film), a 2016 Chinese film
- "The Mermaid" (ballad), from the 18th century
- "The Mermaid", by Zemlinsky
- "The Mermaid", a choral song by Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872–1958)
- "Mermaid" (Hitomi Shimatani song)
- "Mermaid" (Train song), from their 2012 album California 37
- "Kanshō/Mermaid", a 2003 song by Aya Ueto
- "The Mermaid" (Shel Silverstein song), by Shel Silverstein
- Mermaid (Roy Lichtenstein), a 1979 Roy Lichtenstein outdoor sculpture in Miami Beach
- Mermaid (Carl-Nielsen), a 1921 bronze sculpture
- The Mermaids (Kramskoi), an 1871 oil painting
Other arts, entertainment, and media
- Mermaid (Stafy), character from the Densetsu no Stafy video game
- Mermaid Series, editions of English Renaissance and Restoration dramatists (named after the Mermaid Tavern, above)
- The Idle Mermaid, a 2014 South Korean romantic comedy television series
Brands and enterprises
- Mermaid (dinghy), a sailing dinghy designed by Roger Hancock
- Mermaid, Kenichi Horie's first solo voyage sailboat
- CZAW Mermaid, an amphibious flying boat aircraft
- Dublin Bay Mermaid, class of sailing dinghy originated by Dublin Bay Sailing Club, Ireland
- HMAS Mermaid (A 02), a 1989 Royal Australian Navy survey motor launch
- HMS Mermaid, various ships in the British Royal Navy
- Seaview Mermaid, a class of racing keelboat based at the Sea View Yacht Club, Isle of Wight
- Mermaid (Ninurta), in Sumerian mythology, one of the Heroes slain by Ninurta
- Mermaid, a hybrid tea rose cultivar
- Fiji mermaid, a hoax presented by PT Barnum
- Mermaid Syndrome or Sirenomelia, a congenital deformity that gives an appearance of a mermaid
- Mermaiding, wearing a costume mermaid tail, often while swimming
- mermaid, a software; generation of diagrams and flowcharts from text in a similar manner as markdown
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mermaid.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.