Mermaids of Alcatraz Tour
|Tour by Train|
Tour's promotional poster
|Associated album||California 37|
|Start date||July 11, 2013|
|End date||August 14, 2013|
|Number of shows||25 Total|
|Train concert chronology|
The Mermaids of Alcatraz Tour was a concert tour by American pop-rock band Train. It was in support of the group's sixth studio album, California 37. The tour began on July 11, 2013, in Virginia Beach, Virginia and ended on August 14, 2013, in Auburn, Washington. The tour was presented by the band's Save Me, San Francisco Wine company. Gavin DeGraw, The Script, and Michael Franti and Spearhead have performed as opening acts. Country music singer Ashley Monroe also made appearances during Train's main set.
The tour was first announced on January 31, 2013. The tour was originally going to be additional dates of the California 37 Tour but the next day on February 1, it was announced that the name of the tour had been changed to the Mermaids of Alcatraz Tour because (they thought that would have a better chance to trend on Twitter). More dates of the tour were announced on March 5, 2013.
- Gavin DeGraw (All shows except for Bristow and Kansas City)
- The Script (July 17 - August 14, except for Kansas City)
- Ashley Monroe - featured singer in Train's main set.
- Michael Franti and Spearhead (July 11–14, 20)
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (September 2014)|
- "Calling All Angels"
- "50 Ways to Say Goodbye"
- "If It's Love"
- "Get to Me"
- "Meet Virginia"
- "Feels Good At First"
- "Save Me, San Francisco"
- "Marry Me"
- "Sing Together"
- "Bruises" (with Ashley Monroe)
- "Weed Instead of Roses" (Performed by Ashley Monroe)
- Medley: "Free" / "We Can Work It Out" / "All You Need Is Love" (The last two are The Beatles covers.)
- "Hey, Soul Sister"
- Drum solo
- "California 37"
- "Can't Hold Us" (Macklemore & Ryan Lewis cover)
- "Drive By"
- "We Were Made For This"
- "This'll Be My Year"
- "Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)"
- "The Weight" (with Monroe, Gavin DeGraw and The Script)
Tour dates as posted on Train's web site:
- Pat Monahan: Lead vocals, saxophone, guitar
- Jimmy Stafford: Lead guitar, mandolin, ukulele, slide guitar, backing vocals
- Scott Underwood: Drums, percussion, keyboards, piano
- Jerry Becker: Rhythm guitar, keyboards, piano, Hammond organ, slide guitar, percussion, backing vocals
- Hector Maldonado: Bass guitar, rhythm guitar, percussion, backing vocals
- Brian Switzer: Trumpet
- Nikita Houston: Backing vocals
- Train (January 31, 2013). "The California 37 U.S. Tour is back by popular demand!". Savemesanfrancisco.com. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- Train (February 1, 2013). "Pre-sale info for the "Mermaids Of Alcatraz" Tour". Savemesanfrancisco.com. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- Train (March 4, 2013). "We've added a few more dates to the Mermaids Of Alcatraz Tour!". Savemesanfrancisco.com. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- Smith, Angela. "Train makes a stop at Comcast Center - Quincy, MA". The Patriot Ledger. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- Train. "Mermaids of Alcatraz Tour - Train". Savemesanfrancisco.com. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- Reuter, Annie (2013-08-06). "Q&A: Train’s Pat Monahan on New Music, ‘Mermaids of Alcatraz’ & the Likelihood of Going Country « Radio.com News". Radio.com. CBS Radio. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- Train. "6 days until the Mermaids Of Alcatraz Tour!". Savemesanfrancisco.com. Archived from the original on 2013-07-09. Retrieved July 6, 2013.