Stoke Park during GuilFest with some of the college buildings at the largest campus (left)
|Type||FE & HE College|
|Headteacher||Mike Potter CBE |
Guildford College of Further and Higher Education (GCFHE) in Guildford, Surrey is a Surrey County Council-funded educational establishment for students of age 16+ undertaking full-time and part-time studies, established in 1939. Its original campus is signposted and known as Guildford College. GCFHE has expanded by incorporating two colleges to the north-west and 6 miles (9.7 km) to the west in Surrey.
- Stoke Road on the former north-west corner of Stoke Park, Guildford
- Merrist Wood near Worplesdon which traditionally specialises in practical and theoretical landscape-related careers and agricultural vocational courses
- Since 2007: Farnham College in the town of Farnham which sits on the Hampshire border.
Merrist Wood College
For its education purposes the college manages 400 acres (1.6 km²) of land (hedgerows, supports biodiversity. Key specialisations are:) from which expertise it produces valuable produce and, adjoining
- garden design
- animal care
- golf course and landscapes maintenance and enhancement
- sports turf maintenance and enhancement
- equine studies.
- "College Website- Welcome". Retrieved 2007-02-19.
- "AOSEC Website". Archived from the original on 2007-02-28. Retrieved 2007-02-19.
- http://www.farnham.ac.uk/TheCollege/HistoryOfFarnhamCollege.aspx History of Farnham College