Merritt 7 (Metro-North station)
Trackside view of station shelter
|Location||1 Glover Avenue
Norwalk, CT, 06850-1309
|Platforms||1 low side platform|
|Connections||Norwalk Transit District: Route 7 Link|
The Merritt 7 Metro-North Railroad station serves the residents of Norwalk, Connecticut via the Danbury Branch of the New Haven Line. Merritt 7 is named for a nearby business park based at the intersection of the Merritt Parkway and United States Route 7. The station is the only regular stop in the Metro-North system outside of the Waterbury Branch, the Pascack Valley Line, and the Port Jervis Line to have a low-level platform.
The station has 88 parking spaces, all owned by the state.
The station, as part of Let's Go CT, will have a 510-foot long high-level platform built. It will be able to platform six cars, and it will be canopied the entire way. The new station will have at least 283 parking spaces. The new station would have a pedestrian overpass and it would be ADA-accessible with elevators.
Platform and track configuration
|1||■ Danbury Branch||for South Norwalk or Grand Central|
|■ Danbury Branch||for Danbury|
This station has one seven-car-long low-level side platform to the west of the track. The Danbury Branch has one track at this location.
- Charles, Eleanor (July 28, 1985). "RAIL STATION FOR CORPORATE PARK". New York Times.
- Connecticut Department of Transportation January 2007 Visual Inspection Report
- "Task 2: Technical Memorandum parking Inventory and Utilization: Final Report" submitted by Urbitran Associates Inc. to the Connecticut Department of Transportation, "Table 1: New haven Line Parking Capacity and Utilization", page 6, July 2003
- "Let's Go CT Transportation Ramp Up Dashboard". www.letsgoct.com. Connecticut Department of Transportation. Retrieved February 2, 2017.
- Connecticut Rail Commuter Council is the official state advocate for train commuters and brings station problems to the attention of officials.
Media related to Merritt 7 (Metro-North station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Metro-North Railroad - Merritt 7
- Bureau of Public Transportation of the Connecticut Department of Transportation, "Condition Inspection for the Merritt 7 Station" report dated August 2002
|This Connecticut train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|