Merrylands railway station
Station front in March 2007
|Location||Railway Terrace, Merrylands|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||23.47 kilometres from Central|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||6 July 1878|
|Passengers (2013)||4,790 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
In 1969, the Merrylands Road level crossing to the south of the station was replaced by the Mombri Street overpass to the north. In 1972, the signal box at Merrylands closed with operations transferred to Granville signal box. On 2 November 1996, the Merrylands to Harris Park Y-Link opened allowing direct train operation between these two stations by what is now known as the Cumberland Line.
The station since underwent substantial renovations which were concluded by early 2007. Until at least the mid-1990s, sidings existed to the north-west of the station to serve a flour mill.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle|||
|services to Schofields & Richmond|||
|2||services to Leppington|||
|services to Leppington|||
Merrylands Bus Interchange
Stand 1: Transit Systems Sydney
- 809: to Pemulwuy via Hilltop and South Wentworthville, then continues to Parramatta via route 811/811X
- 818: to Westmead via South Wentworthville
Stand 2: Transit Systems Sydney
- 806: to Liverpool via Greystanes, Prairiewood and Abbotsbury
- 810 and 810X: to Parramatta via Pemulwuy, Greystanes, South Wentworthville No difference between 810 and 810X until South Wentworthville
Stand 4: Transdev NSW
Stand 4 Transit Systems Sydney
- 802: to Liverpool via Guildford West, Fairfield, Canley Heights, Bonnyrigg, Miller and Cartwright
- 804: to Liverpool via Guildford West, Fairfield, Greenfield Park, Hinchinbrook
- 820: to Guildford station via Bristol Street
- 822: 2 weekday offpeak services to Guildford station via Railway Tce
Bus in Merrylands Road Transit Systems Sydney
- 802: to Parramatta via Pitt Street
- 804: to Parramatta via Pitt Street
- 806: to Parramatta via Pitt Street
Merrylands station is served by one Nightride route:
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Merrylands Station NSWrail.net
- Merrylands Railway Station Building NSW Environment & Heritage
- "The Merrylands Story" Australian Railway History June 2010
- "Cumberkand Line Officially Opened" Railway Digest December 1996 page 6
- "T2: Inner West & Leppington line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "T5: Cumberland line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 809". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 818". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 806". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 810". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 810X". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 908". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 802". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 804". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 820". Transport for NSW.
- "Transit Systems route 822". Transport for NSW.
- "N60 Nightride". Transport for NSW.