|Also known as||Meru (nickname)|
|Born||7 January 2000|
|Origin||Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan|
|Labels||Universal Music Japan|
Meru Tashima (田島 芽瑠 Tashima Meru, born January 7, 2000 in Fukuoka Prefecture) is a Japanese singer and idol. She is a member of the idol group HKT48 and AKB48 kenkyusei (trainee) unit named Tentōmu Chu!.
In 2012, the idol group HKT48 held its 2nd generation audition. Tashima participated and passed. She was added to the group as trainee member along with 33 other winners of the audition. She became soon a hot topic throughout Japan, after it was reported that AKB48 and HKT48 producer Yasushi Akimoto commented on her as being "the new Jurina Matsui", a member who joined AKB48's sister group SKE48 at the age of 11 and was immediately appointed one of the front positions in the next AKB48 single and featured on its cover art. Thus she became one of the most prominent members of the project in a matter of months.
Another surprise came when Tashima, in spite of officially being a trainee member, was appointed the central position in her band's first original song "Hatsukoi Butterfly", to be released as a B-side on the 29th single by AKB48.
- Joshikō Keisatsu (女子高警察) (drama, Fuji TV, October 27, 2013 – March 16, 2014)
- Fukuoka Ren'ai Hakusho — 9 Tsuki to Taiyō o Miagete (福岡恋愛白書9 月と太陽を見上げて) (drama, Kyushu Asahi Broadcasting, March 21, 2014)
- Majisuka Gakuen 0: Kisarazu Rantōhen (マジすか学園0 木更津乱闘編) as Megaphone (drama, Nippon Television, November 28, 2015)
- AKB Love Night: Love Factory (AKBラブナイト 恋工場) Ep.4 – First Boyfriend, as Ema Hoshina (drama, TV Asahi, April 27, 2016)
- "AKB研究生ユニット・てんとうむChu！、結成3ヶ月でドラマ初主演". Oricon. October 21, 2013. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- "【エンタがビタミン♪】"眼力対決"秋元康はつんく♂を凌ぐか? HKT第2期生の田島芽瑠が話題に。". TechinsightJapan. June 25, 2012. Retrieved March 15, 2014.
- Hello Pro! Time. Episode 20. September 9, 2011
- "HKT48 第2期生オーディション最終審査結果". HKT48 OFFICIAL WEB SITE. June 23, 2012. Archived from the original on April 4, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- "「一度だけ皆の前で号泣した」。HKT48・田島芽瑠が生誕祭を終えて心中を告白。". TechinsightJapan. January 9, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2014.
- Daily Sports (February 14, 2013). "「第２の珠理奈」秋元氏イチオシ１３歳がＨＫＴデビュー曲センターに". Yahoo Japan. Archived from the original on March 16, 2014. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- "HKT48、デビュー曲センターは13歳研究生・田島芽瑠!". Oricon Style. February 14, 2013. Retrieved March 15, 2013.
- "HKT48、新曲は研究生Wセンター 地元3万2000人に初披露". Oricon (in Japanese). July 20, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013. Lay summary – Tokyohive.