Merv Griffin Entertainment
Merv Griffin Entertainment is an American production company founded by American media mogul Merv Griffin on May 13, 1996. It is a successor to Merv Griffin Enterprises. Its productions include revivals of recent franchises (such as Dance Fever, revived in 2003 for the Freeform channel). Griffin's company is part of The Griffin Group. Merv Griffin Entertainment owns The Merv Griffin Show and Dance Fever, but Sony Pictures Television handles television distribution rights. The television division was run by Yani-Brune Entertainment from 2005 to 2008; hand-picked by Griffin himself. In 2008, ShineReveille International made a deal with Merv Griffin Entertainment to distribute all of MGE programming overseas.
- Click (1997–1998)
- The Ainsley Harriott Show (2000)
- Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus (2000)
- Dance Fever (2003 revival from the 1979 version; co-produced by Nash Entertainment and Bob Bain Productions)
- Lisa Williams: Life Among the Dead (2006–2008)
- Merv Griffin's Crosswords (2007–2008) (co-produced by Yani-Brune Entertainment; distributed by Program Partners, with ad-sales from NBCUniversal Television Distribution and Sony Pictures Television)
- Lisa Williams: Voices from the Other Side (2008)
- Million Dollar Mind Game (2011)
- It's Worth What? (2011)
- Murder at the Cannes Film Festival (2000)
- Inside the Osmonds (2001) (TV)
- Gilda Radner: It's Always Something (2002) (with Touchstone Television) (distributed by Disney-ABC Domestic Television)
- Shade (2003) (with RKO Pictures; distributed by Dimension Films)
- Rain (2006) (co-produced with Big Headz Entertainment and Lexi Dog Media)
- My One and Only (2009) (co-produced by George Hamilton Productions, Raygun Productions, and Runaway Home Productions; distributed by Freestyle Releasing)
Executives & Producers
Former Executives & Producers
- Merv Griffin, Chairman, Executive Producer
- Lawrence Cohen, CEO
- Ernest Chambers, Executive Producer
- Robert Kosberg, Executive Producer
- Roy Bank, President, Executive Producer
- Scott Manville, Director TV Development
- Official web page at the Wayback Machine (archived September 27, 2007) The company currently appears to have no website.
- "Business Profiles / New York" MERV GRIFFIN ENTERTAINMENT, INC. businessprofiles.com, Retrieved on February 10, 2013
- "It's Worth What?: About the Show". NBC.com. NBCUniversal Media, LLC. Retrieved July 20, 2011.
- "PR Newswire".
- "PR Newswire".
- "All Cities Media Article".
- "Broadcasting & Cable Article".
- "Reality Aired Article".
- "Manville Bio".