Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation
Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation logo.jpg
MottoBelieve in a cure and "Knowledge is Hope"
Formation1999
TypeNPO
Legal statusFoundation
HeadquartersUnited States Washington, D.C.
Location
  • 1615 L Street NW
    Suite 430
    Washington, D.C. 20036
    877.363.6376
    571.363.2784 (fax)
Region served
United States
Executive Director
Mary Hesdorffer, NP
Director of Communications
Maja Belamaric
WebsiteMesothelioma Applied Research Foundation

The Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation (Meso Foundation, formerly MARF) is a privately funded non-profit organization that funds mesothelioma research, provides services to patients, educates the public, and advocates in Washington, DC for governmental funding for mesothelioma research. The organization's mission is to eradicate mesothelioma, a cancer caused by exposure to asbestos, as a life-ending disease.

Mesothelioma.PNG

Of its donors, 65% are individuals personally affected by mesothelioma. The remaining 35% include pharmaceutical companies, labor unions, plaintiff and defendant attorneys,[1] and companies that have manufactured asbestos products.[2]

To date, the foundation has funded over $10 million in clinical research and is the host of the annual International Symposium on Malignant Mesothelioma.

See also[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ Gordon, Greg (February 5, 2000). "Foundation aims to bring hope to Vento, other victims; Mesothelioma draws few research dollars; several trial lawyers and asbestos manufacturers have united to try to change that".  – via HighBeam (subscription required)
  2. ^ "Annual Report". Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation. Retrieved 2018-04-23.

External links[edit]