|Birth name||Marvin Watson Jr.|
|Also known as||Cashlord Mess, The Boy Boy|
|Born||March 19, 1976|
|Genres||Hip hop, West Coast hip hop|
|Labels||Scalen LLC / Click Clack Records/ Cashout Records / Mozzy Records(Current)|
|Associated acts||Mozzy, San Quinn, Berner, Yukmouth, Keyshia Cole, Nipsey Hussle, Brick Squad, Gucci Mane, Birdman, David Banner, Lil Flip,|
On November 2, 2007, Messy Marv was released from jail after serving twelve months on weapons charges. Before, during and following his jail sentence, he had several previous albums charting, including Cake & Ice Cream 2, released in 2009 and peaked on the R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart at #39 and on the Rap Albums chart at #12, and Blow: Blocks and Boat Docks, a collaboration album with Berner released in 2010 which peaked at #48 on the R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. In the spring of 2012, Messy Marv released the hit mixtape, Da Frank Lucas Dat Neva Wore Da Mink Coat and released the hit single, "You Gotta Pay Me". In 2013, he announced the release of his newest LP "Playboy Gangsta" under his new moniker LilPaperdupMess, and released 3 singles as promotionals for the album: "We Killas", "Beautiful Kalifornia", & "A Girlfriend Ain't What I Need". Marv confirmed via Twitter a release date of July 23, 2013 for the LP. Early in 2014 with a guest feature on single "World Wide Mob" alongside Montana Montana Montana, Joe Blow, Ap.9, and Fed X
On July 3, 2018, Messy Marv and San Quinn released a 12 song compilation titled Joc Nation (Well Connected).
On December 3, 2018, Messy Marv aka Cashlord Mess signed to Mozzy Records.
In 2005, he was in a feud with G-Unit, which escalated when Obie Trice, a member of Shady Records, went to the radio station KMEL and said, "in San Francisco I have to cover my ass." A diss track was released by Guce and Messy Marv, "50 Explanations", on the album Pill Music: The Rico Act, Vol. 1. 50 Cent and Sha Money XL then exchanged words over the phone with Guce's camp. He afterwards said, "it's over with, and it never kicked off".
Messy Marv started a feud with his cousin San Quinn on September 22, 2008, by calling the latter a "snitch". On December 11, Quinn told HipHopDX that he "loves" Messy Marv despite the diss tracks that they have both sent to each other. In a 2010 interview with WordofSouth, he stated the reason for the beef was because he was "talking too much", but that they are attempting to squash the feud.
In 2009, Messy Marv mocked rapper Mistah F.A.B.'s chain getting stolen repeatedly. This led to diss tracks being sent between the rappers, including F.A.B. sending one entitled "Okay" where he impersonates Watson Jr.
On September 25, 2013, Philthy Rich released a track entitled "Swear to God" featuring Kurt Diggler. It dissed Marv and Bay Area rappers Kafani & DB Tha General. The track is to appear on his upcoming album N.E.R.N.L. 3. In response, Marv plans on releasing a diss record entitled Philthy Rich Is a Bitch on October 22 under his alias LilPaperdupMess. On October 15, Philthy Rich released a diss track at Marv in his freestyle to Drake's "Pound Cake / Paris Morton Music 2". The next day, Marv released a diss track at Philthy entitled "I'm Right Here". The same day, October 16, Philthy released a diss record entitled Messy Marv aka the Girl Girl Is a Fake Blood.
- "California Birth Index, 1905–1995". Family Tree Legends Records Collection (Online Database).
- "Cash Lord Mess 'The Second Round On Me Cash Lords Tour". Siccness.net. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "For S.F. rappers, another dream deferred", San Francisco Chronicle, May 15, 2007
- "Montana Montana Montana ft. Messy Marv, Joe Blow, AP9, Fed-X - World Wide Mob". Thizzler.com. 2014-08-04. Retrieved 2020-03-31.
- "Messy Marv & San Quinn Present: Jocnation (Well Connected) by JocNation, San Quinn & Messy Marv". Itunes.apple.com. 2018-07-03. Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- "Guce Music and DJ mix sets". Beatmp3.net. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- HipHopDX (12 December 2008). "San Quinn: Fillmore's Finest". HipHopDX. Archived from the original on 13 March 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- [dead link]
- HipHopDX (20 April 2007). "Spider Loc f. Papa Smurf". HipHopDX. Archived from the original on 4 November 2012. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-08-13. Retrieved 2012-11-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Mistah F.A.B. (As Messy Marv) Ft. Too Short & JT The Bigga Figga – Okay (Messy Marv Diss)". The Sermon's Domain. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Video on YouTube
- "Exclusive: Lil Paperd Up Mess – Philthy Rich Is A Bitch (Mixtape Cover)". Thisis50.com. Archived from the original on 6 October 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Philthy Rich – "Pound Cake" (Messy Marv diss)". Hip Hop Vibe. Retrieved 20 March 2015.