The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (August 2020)
|Type||Video game developer|
Mercer Island, Washington,
The United States of America
|Products||Adventure Creator, Cthulhu Chronicles, Tunnels & Trolls Adventures|
Number of employees
MetaArcade was a Seattle, Washington area-based independent game production company founded in 2016 by David Reid, focused on interactive fiction adventures for mobile platforms.
They produced Adventure Creator, a platform which allows users to easily create interactive fiction adventures for mobile devices.
In late 2019, MetaArcade sold the Tunnels & Trolls Adventures and Adventure Creator assets to Trollhalla Press Unlimited, a print and digital publishing company owned by Ken St. Andre, but the sale was not widely announced until early 2020. MetaArcade sold the Cthulhu Chronicles assets to Chaosium.
In 2020, MetaArcade shut their doors.
- "Industry veteran David Reid unveils MetaArcade Adventures platform". 30 June 2016. Archived from the original on 11 July 2018. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- "PAX West 2016 – Best of Show Awards - MMORPG.com". MMORPG.com. Archived from the original on 2018-07-11. Retrieved 2018-07-11.
- "MetaArcade launches Cthulhu Chronicles horror game on iOS". 10 July 2018. Archived from the original on 11 July 2018. Retrieved 11 July 2018.
- Jon Hancock [@BigJackBrass] (5 January 2020). "It looked like this game was going to fade away when MetaArcade disappeared, but @Trollgodfather's Trollhalla Press Unlimited has saved the day. Well worth playing" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Tunnels & Trolls Adventures on the App Store". App Store. Apple. Retrieved November 19, 2020.
- "Tunnels & Trolls Adventures on the Play Store". Play Store. Google. Retrieved November 19, 2020.
- "Cthulhu Chronicles on the App Store". App Store. Apple. Retrieved November 19, 2020.
- "Cthulhu Chronicles on the Play Store". Play Store. Google. Retrieved November 19, 2020.