Type of site
b7cxf4dkdsko6ah2.onion (Accessing link help)
MetaGer is a metasearch engine focused on protecting users' privacy. Based in Germany, and hosted as a cooperation between the German NGO 'SUMA-EV - Association for Free Access to Knowledge' and the University of Hannover, the system is built on 24 small-scale web crawlers under MetaGer's own control. In September 2013, MetaGer launched MetaGer.net, an English language version of their search engine.
Search queries are relayed to as many as 50 search engines. The results are filtered, compiled and sorted before being presented to the user. Users can select the search engines to query according to their individual choices among other options (such as "check for availability and sort by date"). Privacy protection is implemented by several features: MetaGer provides access to their services only through encrypted connections. As of December 2013, there is also a TOR Hidden Service (b7cxf4dkdsko6ah2.onion/tor/) that allows users to access the MetaGer search functionality from within the TOR network. Since February 2014 MetaGer additionally offers the option to open the result webpages anonymously ("open anonymously").
- "tor hidden service - MetaGer". metager.de.
- Lewandowski, Dirk (May 2013). Handbuch Internet Suchmaschinen 3 (in German). Akademische Verlagsgesellschaft AKA GmbH. pp. 3, 29–31. ISBN 978-3-89838-680-7.
- "Impressum - MetaGer". metager.de.
- Döring, Christian (5 March 2014). "Google verlinkt falsch auf das Landesportal". Mitteldeutsche Zeitung (in German). Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "Yahoo! finance news". Archived from the original on 2013-09-21.
- Schild, Gerd (5 July 2013). "Deutschland, ein Sammlermärchen". Hannoversche allgemeine Zeitung (in German). p. 3.
- Karzauninkat, Stefan. Die Suchfibel (in German) (1 ed.). Ernst Klett Schulbuchverlag Leibzig GmbH. p. 97. ISBN 3-12-238104-4.
- Schulzki-Haddouti, Christiane (7 April 2014). "Anonymes Suchen und Finden mit MetaGer". Heise Zeitschriften Verlag (in German). Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "MetaGer als TOR-hidden-Service - MetaGer-SUMA-Forum". forum.suma-ev.de.
- "Help - MetaGer". metager.de.
- "open-source / MetaGer". GitLab. Retrieved 2019-02-27.
|This article about a search engine website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|