MetaMaus: A Look Inside a Modern Classic, Maus is a 2011 book published by Random House/Pantheon Books, that can be seen as a companion to The Complete different Maus with further background material, including filmed footage of Vladek. The centerpiece of the book is an interview of Art Spiegelman, the author of Maus, conducted by Hillary Chute. It also has interviews with his wife and children, sketches, photographs, family trees, assorted artwork, and a DVD with video, audio, photos, and an interactive version of Maus. It also has documents such as the letters of rejection Spiegelman received from major publishers before Pantheon gave him a contract.
MetaMaus won a 2011 National Jewish Book Award in the category Biography, Autobiography, Memoir, a 2012 Eisner Awards in the category best comics-related book,) and an honourable mention in the 2012 Sophy Brody Award.
In the UK, publisher Penguin Books writes the title as MetaMAUS.
- "MetaMaus". Random House, Inc. Retrieved 2013-03-13. (ISBN 978-0-375-42394-9)
- Kois 2011.
- Garner 2011.
- Garner, Dwight (2011-10-12). "After a Quarter-Century, an Author Looks Back at His Holocaust Comic". New York Times. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "Spiegelman among National Jewish Book Awards winners". Jewish Journal. JTA. 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "Full List of 2012 Eisner Award Winners". Newsarama. 2012-07-14. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "catalogue entry for MetaMAUS". Penguin Books. Retrieved 2013-04-05.
|This article about a book on Jewish history is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|