|Look up meta or meta- in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Meta is a common Greek prefix meaning "beyond" which often carries a sense of self-reference.
Meta may refer to:
- Meta Department, a department of Colombia
- Meta River, a river of Colombia
- Meta (woreda), a district in the Oromia Region of Ethiopia
- Meta, Kentucky, Pike County, Kentucky, United States, a town
- Meta, Missouri, United States, a town
- Meta, Campania, a town in the province of Naples, Italy
- Monti della Meta, a massif in central Italy
- 1050 Meta, an asteroid
In science and technology
- Meta- (chemistry), a positional nomenclature in aromatic ring substitution
- Meta (spider), a genus of spiders of the family Tetragnathidae
- Megachannel ExtraTerrestrial Assay, a predecessor to the SETI project
- Meta (company), a company known for making Augmented reality products
- META fuel, a solid fuel from Lonza Group, used in tablet form as camping fuel (also for military purposes)
- Meta element (
<meta … >), an HTML/XHTML element used to provide structured metadata about a webpage
- META II, a compiler writing language
- Meta key, a special key on some computer keyboards
- FF Meta, a typeface
- Meta (mythology), first wife of Aegeus in Greek mythology
- Meta (Roman circus), pole marking a turning point of the racetrack in a Roman circus
- Meta' language, spoken in Cameroon
- Meta Linhas Aéreas, a Brazilian airline
- Middle East Theatre Academy, a theatre academy based in Sharjah, UAE.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Meta.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.