Meta Linhas Aéreas
|Operating bases||Belém-Val de Cães
|Headquarters||Boa Vista, Brazil|
|Key people||Francisco Mesquita (Founder, President)|
Meta Linhas Aéreas (Formerly META - Mesquita Transportes Aéreos) was an airline based in Boa Vista, Brazil, that operates domestic and international services to destinations in northern Brazil, Guyana, and Suriname. Its main base is Boa Vista-Atlas Brasil Cantanhede International Airport.
Since July 2011 Meta does not operate scheduled flights.
The airline was established in 1991 by Francisco Assunção Mesquita, who remains the president, as an airline specialized in general aviation. It was then called Mesquita Táxi Aéreo. It is still owned by Francisco Mesquita (President) and Andrea Mesquita (Commercial Director).
In 1997 it was granted a concession to fly regular flights and initiated those operations with an Embraer EMB 110 Bandeirante, flying from Boa Vista to Manaus and Porto Velho. At that time it changed the name to Meta - Mesquita Transportes Aéreos.
In 1999 Meta received its first Embraer EMB 120 Brasília and was authorized to extend its operations to Santarém, Itaituba, Oriximiná, Macapá, Belém, Altamira, Monte Dourado and Breves. With the delivery of a second Brasília, operations were further extended to Porto de Moz and Georgetown (Guyana).
In 2007 the operations were downsized with the suspension of services to Breves, Monte Alegre and Porto de Moz.
Meta still provides general aviation services using the Bandeirante aircraft, as well as maintenance service for other operators.
As of June 2011 Meta Linhas Aéreas operated scheduled services to the following destinations:
- Altamira – Altamira Airport
- Belém – Val de Cães International Airport
- Itaituba – Itaituba Airport
- Monte Dourado (Almeirim) – Serra do Areão Airport
- Oriximiná – Oriximiná Airport
- Santarém – Maestro Wilson Fonseca Airport
- Boa Vista, Breves, Macapá, Monte Alegre, Porto de Moz
As of July 2011 the fleet of Meta Linhas Aéreas included the following aircraft:
|Embraer EMB 120RT Brasília||2||30|
|Embraer EMB 110P1 Bandeirante||1||14|
- "Home." Meta Transportes Aéreos. Retrieved on December 26, 2010. "Meta Linhas Aéreas Praça Santos Dumont, 100 – Setor de Hangares – CEP 69304-000 - Boa Vista / RR "
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 10 April 2007. p. 50.
- "Meta Linhas Aéreas (Brasil)" (in Portuguese). Aviação Brasil. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
- Sousa, Nonato (14 May 2011). "Assassinato do dono da Meta" (in Portuguese). Folha de Boa Vista. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- "Voos" (in Portuguese). Meta. Retrieved 14 June 2011.
- "Frota atual das empresas brasileiras" (in Portuguese). Aeromuseu. July 1, 2011. Retrieved July 11, 2011.