From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up metal in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A metal is a chemical element that readily conducts electricity and heat, forms cations, and bonds ionically with non-metals.
Metal may also refer to:
- Métal, a portfolio by photographer Germaine Krull (1897–1985)
- Metal (Wu Xing), one of the five Wu Xing
- Metal Township, Franklin County, Pennsylvania, United States
- Metallicity, the proportion of elements other than hydrogen and helium in matter
- Metals, two of the seven basic types of tincture (heraldry)
- Road metal, the crushed stone used for road surfaces and railway track ballast
- "Metal", the default look and feel for GUI applications in Swing (Java)
- Metal (API), a graphics API from Apple for iOS and OS X
- Metal, in glassblowing terminology, molten glass
- Metal Sonic has been referred to by just the name "Metal" when addressed by Sonic the Hedgehog
Metal also has a number of uses in music:
- Heavy metal music, often referred to simply as "metal"
- Metal (Annihilator album)
- Metal (Pierre Estève album)
- Metal (Manilla Road album), or the title track
- Metal (Preston Reed album), or the title track
- Metals (Feist album)
- Metal (EP), an EP by Newsted
- "Metal" (Gary Numan song), on the album The Pleasure Principle
- "The Metal", a song on Tenacious D's album The Pick of Destiny
- Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, a documentary
- Metal (magazine), an Argentine heavy metal magazine
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Metal.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.