Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection
|Metal Gear Solid:
The Legacy Collection
Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection is a video game compilation released exclusively for the PlayStation 3. It includes all the mainline Metal Gear games directed and designed by Hideo Kojima that were released from 1987 through 2012. Bonus content include motion comic adaptations of the Metal Gear Solid graphic novels illustrated by Ashley Wood and a 100-page booklet that catalogs numerous promotional posters, brochures and advertisement related to the games in the compilation. The collection was released in North and South America on July 9, 2013 and in Japan on July 11, 2013. The European version was released on September 13, 2013. and the Australian version was released on October 3, 2013.
The Legacy Collection consists of two discs and a booklet. The first disc is a dual-layered Blu-ray disc that contains the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, plus motion comic versions of IDW's Metal Gear Solid graphic novels (which adapted the storylines of the first two Metal Gear Solid games with artwork by Ashley Wood). The motion comics were previously released in Japan as a two-disc DVD set in 2008 titled Metal Gear Solid 2: Bande Dessinée, but were not released in English until their inclusion in this set. The second disc contains Metal Gear Solid 4, already updated with trophy support. The original Metal Gear Solid and its expansion are not included in either disc, but rather are downloaded from the PlayStation Store using voucher codes included in the set.
- Metal Gear[b]
- Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake[b]
- Metal Gear Solid[c]
- Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions[c][d]
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty[e]
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater[e]
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker[e]
- Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy
- Bluepoint Games was responsible for MGS2 and MGS3 port, Genki was working on Peace Walker port, while Armature Studio ported these version to PlayStation Vita. Aspect Co. reworked Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, which were included in MGS 3 previously.
- Accessible from the main menu in Metal Gear Solid 3.
- Included as a download code for the PlayStation Store
- The Japanese set contains Metal Gear Solid: Integral, whereas the European set contains Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions. While the three games differ significantly in content, with Integral containing an expanded version of the original Metal Gear Solid, they all feature the same set of 300 VR Training missions.
- HD Edition version of the game previously included in Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
- Accessible on a standard Blu-ray player or via the video playback option of the PS3.
- Dalton Link (May 17, 2013). "Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection hits PS3 July 9th". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- "The Definitive Metal Gear Solid Set".
- First print run only.