This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Larry Linkogle, Brian Deegan [Trigger Gumm]|
|Products||Action Sports Apparel|
Number of employees
Metal Mulisha is an American lifestyle clothing brand that was created in 1997 by Larry Linkogle and Brian Deegan. Metal Mulisha Inc. products are sold at various retail stores and company owned stores. It also offers Metal Mulisha energy drinks under the same brand in a joint venture with Rockstar. The company currently employs about 450 people. The Metal Mulisha Monster Jam Monster truck was debuted in 2012 at Reliant Stadium in Houston, TX.
In 2010, the Murrieta Valley Unified School District banned Metal Mulisha clothing at its schools, due to graphics resembling Nazi symbols and iconography. Some graphics appearing on Metal Mulisha's clothing line include a skull wearing a helmet resembling one worn by German soldiers in World War II, while on the company's logo, the "S" in "Mulisha" is represented graphically by a lightning bolt that resembles the double lightning bolts insignia of the Nazi major paramilitary organization Schutzstaffel, or SS.
Rabbi Barry Ulrych, of the B’nai Chaim of Murrieta synagogue, regarding the images appearing on Metal Mulisha products, stated “People say it’s just a fashion — it’s more than that — it’s an identity...These symbols are not as neutral as one might think. Symbols can hurt, and some symbols are intimidating...With this symbolism, they are glorifying the Nazi past. You can’t go through life being ignorant of symbols.”
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-03-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-03-22. Retrieved 2015-03-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-04-20. Retrieved 2015-05-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Rook, Erin. "WinterFest cancels snow events, adds more Metal Mulisha and music". Bendsource.com. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "Metal Mulisha Mini Troops - Ride Day Fun - Transworld Motocross". Motocross.transworld.net. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "In Search of MX in Tahiti - Transworld Motocross". Motocross.transworld.com. 7 May 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "Metal Mulisha freestyle motocross riders do backflips for Napa Auto Parts opening". Lodinews.com. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-05-16. Retrieved 2015-05-15.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Metal Mulisha members star in new Suicidal Tendencies video". Xgames.espn.go.com. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "Q&A with Metal Mulisha co-founder Larry Linkogle". Xgames.espn.go.com. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- Li, Shan. "Nazi-like insignia on bike team's clothing stirs heat at Riverside County school district". LATimes.com. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- Rodman, Edmon J. "Schools go to war with Nazi-insignia clothing company". JewishJournal.com. Jewish Journal. Retrieved 2 July 2015.