|Studio album by|
|Released||30 June 1980|
|Studio||Studio Platinum One, Oberehrendingen, Switzerland|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Producer||Martin Pearson and Krokus|
|Singles from Metal Rendez-vous|
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||6/10|
Metal Rendez-vous is the fourth studio album by the Swiss hard rock band Krokus, released in June 1980. It is the first Krokus release to feature vocalist Marc Storace; Chris von Rohr had formerly served as the band's lead vocalist but appears on Metal Rendez-vous as the band's bassist. The track "Heatstrokes" charted number one in the British Heavy Metal Charts, and arguably opened up markets for Krokus in Britain and the United States, along with "Bedside Radio" and "Tokyo Nights". Strangely, the song "Tokyo Nights" features a reggae beat halfway through. The album sold more than 150,000 copies in Switzerland and was certified Triple Platinum.
UK-based company Rock Candy Records reissued the album on CD in 2014.
- Side one
- "Heatstrokes" - 4:00
- "Bedside Radio" - 3:22
- "Come On" - 4:29
- "Streamer" - 6:44
- "Shy Kid" - 2:33
- Side two
- "Tokyo Nights" - 5:54
- "Lady Double Dealer" - 3:13
- "Fire" - 6:07
- "No Way" - 4:02
- "Back-Seat Rock 'n' Roll" - 3:15
(A re-recording of "Back-Seat Rock n' Roll" appears on the band's 2017 covers album Big Rocks).
- Marc Storace – lead vocals
- Fernando von Arb – rhythm guitar, keyboards, bass, backing vocals
- Tommy Kiefer – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Chris von Rohr – bass, backing vocals, percussion, drums, keyboards
- Freddy Steady – drums, percussion, backing vocals
- Jürg Naegeli – keyboards, bass, backing vocals, assistant engineer
- Bregman, Adam. "Krokus Metal Rendez-vous review". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- Popoff, Martin (November 1, 2005). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 2: The Eighties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. p. 190. ISBN 978-1-894959-31-5.
- KROKUS ONLINE - official homepage - Discography - METAL RENDEZ-VOUS