Metal Saga: Season of Steel
|Metal Saga: Hagane no Kisetsu|
|Genre(s)||Role-playing video game|
Metal Saga: Season of Steel[a] is a post-apocalyptic role-playing video game developed by Crea-Tech and published by Success in 2006. It running in Nintendo DS and it is a full touch screen controlled game.
Hagane no Kisetsu is the fifth game of the Metal Max series. Unlike its predecessor Metal Saga, the game wasn't released in North America. In 2007, a sequel was released on mobile phone as an incarnation of Metal Saga and was released in Japan in 2007.
This entry is very different from the other entries in the series. For example, multiple characters sit in only a tank instead of one person sit in one, and using "durability" instead of tank's armor.
Like most role-playing video games, players travel around the world, buy powerful equipment, battle with monsters and save the world. Unlike all predecessors, the world map uses a 45-degree angle view, and using a point instead town or dungeon' pigeon hole, with the only way from a point to a point; once the player completes the task, the next location will appear on the map.
Combat is individually turn-based, players can choose to combat enemies by foot or with a tank. All party members can equip multiple weapons, and can choose the one to attack enemy in one turn. On the other hand, if the party members choose to fight whilst being in the tank, every character will need to use different weapon to attack enemy in each turn. Each weapon and monster has their own property, like fire, light etc. Allelopathy property will affect the attack effect.
In the near future, the world was devastated by a supercomputer named Noah. However, remnants of humanity survived this cataclysm, naming the event Great Destruction. Noah continued its intent to wipe Earth clean of humanity in this post-apocalyptic world. However, a hunter named Rebanna  destroyed Noah before its ambition was fulfilled. Noah foresaw the possibility of its demise, and so devised "Noah consciousness awakening program" in this unlikely event and stores it within indestructible super-alloy shell called "Noah Seed." Under this threat, Rebanna's children undertake the task to fight the resurrected supercomputer.
- Metal Saga: Hagane no Kisetsu (メタルサーガ ～鋼の季節～)
- "ミヤ王こと、宮岡寛氏がゲームデザインを担当！ 伝説的RPG復活！ 『メタルサーガ 鋼の季節』" (in Japanese). famitsu.com. 2006-03-11. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- Metal Saga: Hagane no Kisetsu Instruction Manual (in Japanese). Success. 2006. pp. 31–32.
- Metal Saga: Hagane no Kisetsu Instruction Manual (in Japanese). Success. 2006. pp. 33–34.
- Metal Saga: Hagane no Kisetsu Instruction Manual (in Japanese). Success. 2006. pp. 27–28.
- Metal Saga: Hagane no Kisetsu Instruction Manual (in Japanese). Success. 2006. pp. 5–6.
- "METAL SAGA 鋼の季節" (in Japanese). Nintendo. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- "最新FAMI通版即将上市游戏评分公开" (in Chinese). Sina games. 2006-06-08. Retrieved 2012-06-08.
- "2006年テレビゲームソフト売り上げTOP500（メディアクリエイト版）" (in Japanese). 2007-08-26. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- Official website(in Japanese)