Jump to navigation Jump to search
Metalization may refer to one of a number of different processes:
- Coating a covering applied an object's surface that improves surface properties: adhesion, resistance to corrosion or wear or scratches.
- Metallizing (also metalize) to coat, treat, or combine with a metal.
- Thermal spraying melted (or heated) materials are sprayed onto a surface.
- Vacuum deposition is a family of processes used to deposit layers as thin as one atom to millimeters thick in a vacuum.
- Vacuum metallizing the metallic coating of an object takes place in a vacuum chamber.
- Vacuum coating a mechanized process for applying coatings to lengths of materials.
- Transition of a nonmetal to a metallic substance due to a change of allotrope or closure of a bandgap, usually at very high pressures
- Metalation, a reaction between an organometallic compound and another organic compound which typically includes a halide group
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Metalization.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.