||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada|
Metalworks Studios is a music recording studio in Mississauga, Ontario (Greater Toronto Area), Canada. It was established in 1978 by Gil Moore of the Canadian rock group Triumph (Inductee of the Mississauga Music Walk of Fame). Over a span of more than 30 years, Metalworks has become one of Canada's best recording studios and is the 17 time recipient of Canadian Music Week's 'Studio of the Year'. Since 1978 Metalworks Studios, has expanded into a six studio facility offering in-house tracking, mixing and mastering, as well as video editing and DVD authoring.
In 2004, Metalworks Studios launched an adjacent educational facility; Metalworks Institute.
Metalworks Studios offers a classic Neve and multiple SSL consoles with an assortment of vintage analogue and digital outboard gear for tracking, overdubs and/or mixing. Combined with a knowledgeable staff of engineers and sonically treated rooms, Metalworks has been key in providing Multi-Platinum award-winning music that spans a wide array of artists and genre.
- 1 Recording Studios
- 2 Services
- 3 Clients
- 4 Awards
- 5 Metalworks Institute
- 6 Metalworks Production Group
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Metalworks has a total of six studios, including four with live rooms for in-house recording and mixing, a mastering suite, and a sixth facility dedicated to video editing.
Studio 1: Record/Mix Neve
The control room in Studio 1 features a vintage 32x8x32 Neve 8036 console that was re-engineered by Stuart Taylor and Dave Dickson. The tracking room features a 1,200-square-foot (110 m2) solid maple studio floor, combined with a high ceiling surrounded by wood and stone walls.
Studio 2: Record/Mix SSL G+
The control room in Studio 2 features an 80-input Solid State Logic 4080 G+ console with Ultimation and Total Recall. The adjacent 280-square-foot (26 m2) tracking room features an oak floor and high ceiling. Studio 2 also includes a private lounge.
Studio 3: Record/Mix SSL 4040
The control room in Studio 3 features the Solid State Logic 4040 G/E console. The adjoining ISO-Booth is designed for instrumental overdubs as well as voice work, and the studio includes a modern lounge featuring a skylight.
Studio 4: Video/DVD/Blu-ray
Studio 4 is a video editing and DVD/Blu-ray authoring facility specializing in visual production, motion and still menu design, interactive features, post-production, audio/video encoding, and authoring.
Studio 5: Mastering
Studio 5 is a mastering suite featuring: Steinberg WaveLab, Pro Tools HD3, Manley, Avalon, Apogee, Studer A820 1/2" Tape Machine, Weiss, TC System 6000, Waves, Mark Levinson, Duntech, and more. Online mastering services are also provided by this facility.
Studio 6: Record/Mix 5.1 SSL J
The control room in Studio 6 features an 80 input Solid State Logic 9080 J console with Ultimation, Total Recall & SL959 5.1 Surround Matrix. This large-scale mixing facility is capable of recording and mixing in 5.1 with a Pro Tools 10 HD3 accel system. A 9 ft film screen and Sony video monitors are available for DVD and Film/TV applications, and the room is Dolby authorized. The adjacent 550-square-foot (51 m2) tracking room features a stone fireplace and high ceiling, and is surrounded by an oak paneled private lounge and billiard area.
The recording studios at Metalworks provide tracking, mixing, digital editing, audio post-production, and CD mastering capabilities. Video editing and DVD/Blu-ray authoring services are also made available by a dedicated video editing facility in Studio 4. Metalworks Production Group, a sister company of Metalworks Studios, also provides in-house event options within several of the studios allowing for video, lighting, and staging system services for live events and recordings.
- Christina Aguilera
- Doug and the Slugs
- Kobra and the Lotus
- The Bachman-Cummings Band
- Barenaked Ladies
- Billy Talent
- David Bowie
- Tom Cochrane
- The Cranberries
- Burton Cummings
- Fair to Midland
- Nelly Furtado
- Guns N' Roses
- Katy Perry
- Demi Lovato
- Kim Mitchell
- Anne Murray
- The Next Star
- 'N Sync
- Our Lady Peace
- Platinum Blonde
- Protest The Hero
- Serial Joe
- Ashlee Simpson
- Sum 41
- The Tea Party
- Tina Turner
- David Usher
- Kate Voegele
- 2014 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2013 SME Excellence Award - Ontario Business Achievement Awards (OBAA)
- 2013 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2012 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2011 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2009 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2008 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2007 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2006 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2005 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2004 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2003 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2002 Mississauga Board of Trade, Business and the Arts Award in recognition of ‘Outstanding Contribution to the Arts Community of Mississauga’
- 2002 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2001 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 2000 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 1999 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
- 1998 Canadian Music Week Recording Studio of The Year
Gold and platinum awards
|CRIA Awards||Units Sold|
|RIAA Awards||Units Sold|
Metalworks Institute is a registered private career college and the sister company of Metalworks Studios and Metalworks Production Group. Metalworks Institute offers diploma programs in: Audio Production and Engineering, Entertainment Business Management, Show Production and Event Management and Music Performance and Technology (Drums & Percussion, Bass Guitar, Guitar, Keyboard and Vocals.
Metalworks Institute is an official Digidesign pro school.
Metalworks Production Group
Metalworks Production Group is the live event division to its sister companies, Metalworks Studios and Metalworks Institute. It offers complete production services including audio, video, lighting and staging systems, along with experienced production personnel and event technicians. Metalworks Production Group specializes in small to large scale events, ranging from major concerts and festivals, tours, corporate galas and conferences.
- Clay, Chris. "Four inducted to Music Walk of Fame". City of Mississauga. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "2015 CMW Music & Broadcast Award Past Winners". Canadian Music Week. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- "Canadian Music Week". Canadian Music Week. Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- "2015 CMW Music & Broadcast Award Winners". FYI Music News. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Metalworks Studios Overview" Metalworks Studios.
- "Studio 1" Metalworks Studios.
- "Studio 2" Metalworks Studios.
- "Studio 3" Metalworks Studios.
- "Studio 4" Metalworks Studios.
- "Studio 5" Metalworks Studios.
- "Online Mastering" Metalworks Studios.
- "Studio 6" Metalworks Studios.
- Services" Metalworks Studios.
- "Metalworks Group wins SME Excellence Award at the Ontario Business Achievement Awards" Music Canada
- "Will Metalworks strike the right chord at the OBAAs" Ontario Chamber of Commerce
- "Mississauga Board of Trade". Metalworks Studios. Retrieved 2016-03-05.