Cover of Metamaterials Handbook Vol. 2, Applications of Metamaterials
|Publisher||Taylor & Francis|
|Published||October 5, 2009|
|Media type||Print Hardback, Microform, E-book
|No. of books||2|
The series is designed to cover all theory and application topics related to electromagnetic metamaterials. Disciplines have combined to study, and develop electromagnetic metamaterials. Some of these disciplines are optics, physics, electromagnetic theory (including computational methods) microfabrication, microwaves, nanofabrication, nanotechnology, and nanochemistry.
Theory and Phenomena of Metamaterials
Theory and Phenomena of Metamaterials is the first volume of the Metamaterials Handbook. It contains contributions from researchers (scientists) who have produced accepted results in the field of metamaterials. Most of the contributors are associated with Metamorphose VI AISBL, a non-profit, European organization that focuses on artificial electromagnetic materials and metamaterials. Metamorphose provided access to the network of contributors (researchers) who work in a variety of scientific disciplines, involved with metamaterials
This book is in an article review format, covering prior work in metamaterials. It focuses on theories underpinning metamaterial research along with the properties of metamaterials. The text covers all areas of metamaterial research.
Applications of Metamaterials
Applications of Metamaterials is the second volume of the Metamaterials Handbook. This book derives its organization for discussion of its topics from the previous volume. Theory, modeling, and basic properties of metamaterials that were explored in the first volume, are now shown how they work when applied. Devices based on electromagnetic metamaterials continue to expand understanding of principles and modeling begun in the first volume. The applications for metamaterials are shown to be wide-ranging, encompassing electronics, telecommunications, sensing, medical instrumentation, and data storage. This book also discusses the key domains of where metamaterials have already been developed.
- Metamaterials (journal)
- Metamaterials: Physics and Engineering Explorations
- History of metamaterials
- "Metamaterials Handbook – Two Volume Slipcase Set". Social Psychology Aena. Psychology Press/Routledge. Retrieved 2010-12-26.
- "Metamaterials Handbook (Two volume slip-case set)". Lavoisier. Retrieved 2010-12-28.
- "Metamaterials Handbook; 2v". SciTech Book News. BNET. March 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-04.
- "Metamaterials Handbook (Two Volume Slipcase Set)". CRC Press. Retrieved 2011-01-04.
- "Theory and Phenomena of Metamaterials". Google Books. Google. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "About". Metamorphose VI AISBL website. Network of Excellence Metamorphose. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Theory and phenomena of metamaterials / edited by Filippo Capolino.". Columbia University Libraries Online Catalog. Retrieved 2011-01-04. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Columbia-U" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Filippo Capolino (2009). Applications of Metamaterials. Taylor & Francis. ISBN 978-1-4200-5423-1.
- "Applications of Metamaterials: From the publisher". Barnes & Noble. Retrieved 2010-04-12.