Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up metathesis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Metathesis may refer to:
Changes of vocal properties
- Metathesis (linguistics), alteration of the order of phonemes within a word
- Quantitative metathesis, exchange of long and short roles, without changing order of vowel sounds
Chemical changes in which pairs of molecules exchange (without transfer of atoms) electronic patterns of bonding
- Metathesis reaction, exchange of bonds between two reacting chemical species
- Olefin metathesis, redistribution of olefinic (alkene) bonds
- Alkane metathesis, rearrangement of alkanes to produce longer or shorter alkane species
- Alkyne metathesis, redistribution of alkyne chemical bonds
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Metathesis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.