|Look up metathesis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Metathesis may refer to:
Changes of vocal properties
- Metathesis (linguistics), alteration of the order of phonemes within a word
- Quantitative metathesis, exchange of long and short roles, without changing order of vowel sounds
Chemical changes in which pairs of molecules exchange (without transfer of atoms) electronic patterns of bonding
- Metathesis reaction, exchange of bonds between two reacting chemical species
- Olefin metathesis, redistribution of olefinic (alkene) bonds
- Alkane metathesis, rearrangment of alkanes to produce longer or shorter alkane species
- Alkyne metathesis, redistribution of alkyne chemical bonds
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Metathesis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.