Chief Executive Officer
|Products||Loans, Savings, Checking, Investments, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Mortgages|
|Total assets||US$$200.7 million (2016)|
Number of employees
The headquarters and main branch of Metbank are located in Metropolitan House, at 3 Central Avenue, in Harare the capital and largest city of Zimbabwe. The geographical coordinates of the bank's headquarters are: 17°49'31.0"S, 31°03'02.0"E (Latitude:-17.825278; Longitude:31.050556).
Metbank serves large corporations, small to medium enterprises (SMEs), as well as individuals. The bank partners with MasterCard to issue debit and credit cards. As of December 2016[update], Metbank was a medium-sized financial services provider, with an asset base of US$200.7 million, with shareholders' equity of US$55.9 million.
Metbank Limited has been an innovative leader in the country with the introduction of digital banking, branchless banking, and internet banking and agency banking, while keeping the number of brick-and-mortar branches low. As of February 2018, Metbank had a network of banking agents numbering over 150, both inside and outside Zimbabwe. Many of these agents are women and youth, who otherwise would be unemployed.
|1||Loita Finance Holdings Limited||60.00|
|2||Blisford Investments Private Limited||10.00|
|3||Crudge Investments Private Limited||10.00|
|4||Metropolitan Bank Trust||7.20|
|5||Rhinemead Investments Private Limited||6.40|
|6||Knopfler Investments Private Limited||2.80|
|7||Equestrian Trading Private Limited||2.80|
|8||CAI Pension Fund||0.80|
- Main Branch: Metropolitan House, 3 Central Avenue, Harare
- Bulawayo Branch: 4 East End Building, Corner of Robert Mugabe Avenue and 9th Avenue, Bulawayo
- Chitungwiza Branch: 16110 Makoni Shopping Centre, Seke
- Gweru Branch: 66 Third Street, Gweru
- Mutare Branch: Shop 1, Zimre Centre, Corner of Herbert Chitepo Street and 5th Street, Mutare
- Charles Rukuni (3 April 2017). "Metbank Zimbabwe profit doubles". Harare: Zimbabwe Insider. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (15 May 2018). "Profile of Metbank Limited". Harare: Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (15 May 2018). "List of Registered Banking Institutions". Harare: Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- Google (15 May 2018). "Location of the Headquarters of Metbank Limited, 3 Central Avenue, Harare" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- Vhurundiya, Tapiwa (1 February 2018). "Metbank 'branchless' banking sets new tone for innovative banking". Bulawayo: Bulawayo24.com. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- Metbank Limited (15 May 2018). "The Branch Network of Metbank Limited". Harare: Metbank Limited. Retrieved 15 May 2018.
- Metbank Limited. "Annual Report and Audited Financial Statements for the Year ended 31 December 2016" (PDF). Harare: Metbank Zimbabwe Limited. Retrieved 5 May 2018.