|Launched||September 1, 1988|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Bell TV||Channel 130 (SD)|
|Shaw Direct||Channel 740 (SD)|
|Available on many Canadian cable systems||Check local listings|
|Bell Aliant||Channel 807 (SD)|
|Bell Fibe TV||Channel 105 (SD)
Channel 1105 (HD)
|Optik TV||Channel 2050 (SD)|
|Telus Quebec||Channel 17 (SD)
Channel 517 (HD)
|VMedia||Channel 19 (SD)|
|Zazeen||Channel 201 (SD)|
MétéoMédia is the French-language component of the Canadian Category A weather information specialty channel and web site owned by Pelmorex. MétéoMédia primarily serves viewers in Quebec, although some cable TV systems in Ontario and New Brunswick carry the channel as well. It is available nationwide via satellite. MétéoMédia went on the air along with the bilingual specialty service's English-language component, The Weather Network, for the first time on September 1, 1988; both MétéoMédia and The Weather Network broadcast separate 24-hour-a-day feeds.
MétéoMedia has a separate feed for the Montreal area.
Both MétéoMedia and the Weather Network are owned by Pelmorex (in turn half-owned by the U.S. Weather Channel). The two originally shared an analogue transponder on one of the Anik satellites, with computer-generated local forecasts airing on one while the video feed of a live forecaster or TV commercials aired on the other.
On January 3, 2008, it was reported that Landmark Communications, part-owner of MétéoMédia, may be for sale. In July 2008, the Weather Channel was sold to NBC Universal and Bain Capital; the sale includes Landmark's stakes in MétéoMedia and the Weather Network.
MétéoMedia follows a schedule which repeats itself each hour, based on the current season. The spring/summer programming schedule often starts on the first Monday of April. It switches to the winter schedule on the first Monday of December.
Notable former personalities
- Nathalie Chung — Weather Broadcaster
- Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (2011-07-22). "Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2011-438". Retrieved 2012-05-10.
- "Battens may sell The Roanoke Times' parent company". The Roanoke Times. 2008-01-03. Retrieved 2008-01-03.
- NBC press release - included in the list of items to be acquired: "The Weather Channel also holds a minority interest in Pelmorex, a Canadian weather company."
- Official website (French)