|Directed by||Tibor Takács|
|Produced by||Tracey Jeffrey|
|Written by||Peter Mohan|
|Music by||Jim Guttridge|
|Distributed by||Arrow Film Distributors Ltd |
Meteor Storm ( Spanish: Lluvia de fuego; French: Tempête de météorites (dubbed version)) is a 2010 American disaster film with the tagline "The fury no one saw coming...". The film was directed by Tibor Takács, produced by Tracey Jeffrey and Written by Peter Mohan. The movie starred Michael Trucco and Kari Matchett. The plot describes the attempts to save San Francisco from a barrage of meteor strikes. The movie tells about how devastating if those meteors touch the earth’s crust or ground and not completely burning them to ashes.
San Francisco becomes a target for waves of destructive meteors after a rogue comet swings past the earth. For astro-physicist, Dr. Michelle Young (Kari Matchett), what was meant to be a once in a lifetime celestial event, turns into a nightmare as thousands of meteors transit through the atmosphere, destroying San Francisco.
The military contacts Young to ask her to help investigate this extinction-level event and to determine what's causing the seemingly targeted strikes. Meanwhile, Colonel Tom (Michael Trucco) is responsible for the evacuation of the Bay area.
Michelle discovers that Element 120, designated Unbinilium, is the main cause of meteors targeting the San Francisco area. Millions of years ago a Unbinilium dense meteorite landed at the bottom of the bay. Dr. Young immediately reports her findings to Colonel Jack Clancey (Viv Leacock) about Unbinilium. Unfortunately, they discover that a gigantic asteroid, named Apophis, is on a collision course with Earth. Their numbers show that the rock will hit the San Francisco bay within four hours.
With each passing storm, everything deteriorates. Michelle and Colonel Clancey informs Gen. Brock (Kevin McNulty) that they need assistance from the Russians as US satellites won't be in position to guide the launched ICBM's, but the Russian satellites will be. They plan to use ICBMs to clear a path through the smaller meteor field, allowing for a second missile to reach Apophis and divert it.
They speak with the president and he tries to negotiate with the Russian president. As time runs out the president orders the ICBMs be launched, despite Russias hesitancy to assist. The ICBMs destroy the asteroid and the planet is saved from annihilation.
- Michael Trucco as Colonel Tom Young
- Kari Matchett as Dr. Michelle Young
- Lara Gilchrist as Lena
- Kevin McNulty as Gen. Brock
- Viv Leacock as Colonel Jack Clancey
- Eric Johnson as Kyle
- Val Cole as Female Newscaster
- Terry Chen as Ryan
- Kirsten Prout as Kara Young
Home media 
- The Hammer of God - a novel by Arthur C. Clarke about averting an asteroid strike.
- Lucifer's Hammer - a novel by Larry Niven about comet strike.
- Asteroid impact avoidance
- List of disaster films
- Asteroid (film)
- Meteor (film)
- Deep Impact (film)
- "Meteor Storm (12)". British Board of Film Classification. 2011-02-11. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- Clarke, Shaun (6 January 2010). "'Meteor Storm' the SyFy Original Movie Airs January 30th". apocalyptic movies. Retrieved 2010-01-06.
- "METEOR STORM: a Movie Comment by Mantis36". experts column. 15 October 2011.