|Trade names||Arbolic, Durabolic, Or-Bolic, Probolik, Protabolin|
|Other names||Methylandrostenediol dipropionate; Methylandrostenediol 3β,17β-dipropionate; MADP; 17α-Methylandrost-5-ene-3β,17β-diol 3,17β-dipropionate|
|Drug class||Androgen; Anabolic steroid; Androgen ester|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||416.602 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
Methandriol dipropionate (MADP), also known as methylandrostenediol dipropionate and sold under the brand names Arbolic, Durabolic, Or-Bolic, Probolik, and Protabolin among others, is a synthetic, injected anabolic-androgenic steroid (AAS) and a 17α-alkylated derivative of 5-androstenediol. It is an androgen ester – specifically, the C3,17β dipropionate ester of methandriol (17α-methyl-5-androstenediol) – and acts as a prodrug of methandriol in the body. Methandriol dipropionate is administered by intramuscular injection and, relative to methandriol, has an extended duration via this route of several days due to a depot effect afforded by its ester. It was marketed in the United States, but is no longer available in this country.
- List of androgen esters § Esters of other synthetic AAS
- Estradiol benzoate/progesterone/methandriol dipropionate
- Llewellyn W (1 November 2008). Anabolics: Anabolic Steroid Reference Guide. William Llewellyn. pp. 294–296. ISBN 978-0-9679304-7-3.
- Index Nominum 2000: International Drug Directory. Taylor & Francis. January 2000. pp. 663–. ISBN 978-3-88763-075-1.
- "Drugs@FDA: FDA Approved Drug Products". United States Food and Drug Administration. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- "Methandriol (methandriol, methandriol dipropionate)". William Llewellyn's Anabolic.org. Archived from the original on 2019-06-29.