This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Los Angeles, California
Number of locations
|New York City, USA |
San Francisco, USA
|Ed Ulbrich – President and General Manager, Visual Effects and VR|
Eric Combrie – COO
Erika Burton – EVP, Global Features VFX
|Parent||Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.|
Method Studios is a visual effects company launched in 1999 in Los Angeles, California with facilities in New York, Atlanta, Vancouver, San Francisco, Melbourne, Montreal, and Pune. The company provides production and post-production services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, AR/VR, compositing and finishing.
Some commercial and feature projects produced by Method Studios have been recognized by award bodies such as the Visual Effects Society (VES) and Association of Independent Commercial Producers (AICP). Some Method staff have been invited to speak at industry conferences such as SIGGRAPH, NAB, Collider and the VES Production Summit
In late 2010, Method Studios was acquired by Deluxe to form part of the Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. This group includes other companies specializing in post-production such as Company 3 (color grading) , Encore (TV post-production and visual effects), and Beast (editorial). Method Studios co-locate with both Company 3 and Beast in Atlanta, share facility space with Company 3 in Los Angeles and New York, and share facility space with Encore in Vancouver. In 2018 Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. acquired the award-winning VFX studio Atomic Fiction, and joined it with Method Studios.
Method Studios has collaborated on feature films with many top studios such as Warner Bros., Twentieth Century Fox, Walt Disney Studios, Marvel Studios and Paramount. In terms of commercial production, the company maintains working relationships with many award-winning directors such as Noam Murro, Tom Kuntz, Jake Scott, Nicolai Fuglsig and Mark Romanek. Commercial clients include Verizon, DirecTV, Kia Motors, Microsoft, Bridgestone, Chrysler and Canon through agencies David&Goliath, Grey, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners, Twofifteen and TBWA/Chiat Day and many more.
Commercial visual effects work produced by Method Studios includes Justin Timberlake's Filthy, Microsoft Surface: Combo, The Battle of Evony, Ford: Be the Guardian of Your Galaxy, Nature Valley: Swimmer
Method Design is a design arm of Method Studios located within their Los Angeles and New York offices. This group has completed main titles and design for feature films and episodic shows including Godless, American Horror Story, The Night Of, and El Chapo. In addition to the film and trailer markets, Method Design has also done extensive commercial design work with Method Studios' commercial visual effects and finishing teams around the world.
London International Awards
2013, Bronze for Music Video VFX - Deadmau5 'Professional Greifers'
2013, Bronze for Commercial Animation - DirecTV 'Troll'
2012, Silver for VFX - Kia 'Share Some Soul'
2011, Gold for VFX - Halo Reach 'Deliver Hope'
Australian Effects and Animation Festival
2013, Commercial Animation - DirecTV 'Troll'
2013, Idents & Stings - SBS 'Fresh History'
2013, Music Videos - Deadmau5 'Professional Greifers'
2012, Commercial Animation - Kia 'Share Some Soul'
2011, Best use of CG in Advertising - Halo Reach 'Deliver Hope'
- "About". method studios. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "9th Annual VES Awards". Visual Effects Society. Archived from the original on 2012-02-02. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "The Art & Technique of the American Commercial". Aicpshow.com. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "Effects Omelet | SIGGRAPH 2012". S2012.siggraph.org. 2012-08-09. Archived from the original on 2013-10-14. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "Stephanie GilgarExecutive Producer/Head of Production,Method Studios LAConference speaker". Collider Events. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "Company 3® and Method Studios Join Beast Editorial in Chicago - CHICAGO, July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/". Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "Deluxe's Method Studios to Acquire Award-Winning VFX Company Atomic Fiction in Continued Global Expansion - LOS ANGELES, July 26, 2018 /PRNewswire/". Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-07-26.
- "method studios". method studios. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "Work". www.methodstudios.com. Retrieved 2020-02-16.
- "Method Design". Art of the Title. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "London International Awards". Liaawards.com. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "Hollywood Post Alliance, redefining post production™". Hpaonline.com. 2012-09-01. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "Ciclope Festival". Ciclope Festival. Retrieved 2013-10-12.