Methodist Church of New Zealand
The Methodist Church of New Zealand — Te Hahi Weteriana O Aotearoa is a Methodist denomination headquartered in Christchurch, New Zealand. It is a member of the World Council of Churches. This Methodist denomination is supportive of women ministers and clergy in same-sex unions. In 2013, when same-sex marriage was legalized in New Zealand, congregations that opted to do so were able to perform same-sex marriage ceremonies.
The Methodist Church of New Zealand is a member of Christian Conference of Asia.
- Methodist Church of New Zealand, World Council of Churches.
- "Civil Union Zealand Methodist Same-sex marriage". www.methodist.org.nz. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
- "Gay Marriage Coming to the Bay". www.baybuzz.co.nz. Retrieved 2016-08-11.
- Clements, Kevin P. "Percy Reginald Paris". Dictionary of New Zealand Biography. Ministry for Culture and Heritage. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "Methodist Church of New Zealand — World Council of Churches". www.oikoumene.org. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
|This Methodism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation in New Zealand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|