|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Demetria "Metring" David (June 20, 1920 – October 7, 2010) was a Filipino comedian, famous for her "big feet" as she was called by her colleagues.
Early Life & Later Career
Born in 1920, she first appeared as a comedian in the dramas Malapit sa Diyos (Near to God), and Walang Hanggan, both under Lebran Pictures. In that same year she was included in the comedy film entitled Babaing Kalbo starring Eleanor Medina. She made movies for other film companies including LVN Pictures, Galawgaw a Nida Blanca movie, Fremel Pictures and a small role in Sapagka't Mahal Kita (Because, I Love You) to name a few. In the years that followed, Metring David rose to popularity as a comedian in the 1960s a decade in which she made some 3 dozen films and many television appearances.
Return To Television
Meltring's last TV appearance was Wish Ko Lang on GMA Channel 7.
She died on October 7, 2010.
- 1953 - Malapit sa Diyos
- 1953 - Walang Hanggan
- 1953 - Babaing Kalbo
- 1954 - Galawgaw
- 1955 - Sapagka't Mahal Kita
- Buhay Artista (ABS-CBN)
- Tarangtang-tangtang (ABS-CBN)
- Dance-O-Rama (TV5)
- Gorio En His Jeepney (TV5)
- Dancetime With Chito (GMA Network)
- Eskwelahang Munti (GMA Network)
- Principe Abante (GMA Network)
- Wish Ko Lang (GMA Network) - her last TV appearance
- ABS-CNB. "Actress Metring David dead at 90". ABS-CBN.