From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Black-winged ground dove|
Metriopelia is a genus of ground doves containing four species that live in the dry, upland habitats along the Andean mountain chain in South America. They have large wings and orange skin around the eyes.
- Bare-faced ground dove (Metriopelia ceciliae)
- Black-winged ground dove (Metriopelia melanoptera)
- Golden-spotted ground dove (Metriopelia aymara)
- Moreno's ground dove (Metriopelia morenoi)
- Gibbs, David; Barnes, Eustace; Cox, John (2001). Pigeons and Doves: A Guide to the Pigeons and Doves of the World. Yale University Press. pp. 349–354. ISBN 0-300-07886-2.
|This Columbiformes-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|