MetroWest Medical Center
It is the largest health care provider in the MetroWest region between Boston and Worcester. MWMC was formed by the 1992 merger of two hospitals in neighboring towns: Framingham Union Hospital and Natick's Leonard Morse Hospital; the two hospitals have a combined capacity of 420 beds. It was acquired by Columbia/HCA in 1996; Tenet Health Systems in 1999; Vanguard Health Systems in 2009; and once again Tenet Healthcare Corp. in 2013 when Tenet acquired Vanguard. MWMC also operates an outpatient diagnostic and rehabilitation facility, MetroWest Wellness Center, in Framingham.
- Health care in the United States
- Massachusetts General Hospital, also known as MGH
- University of Massachusetts, Worcester, medical school
- "About Us". MetroWest Medical Center. Retrieved 2007-05-12.
- "Massachusetts Hospitals: Closures, Mergers, Acquisitions and Affiliations". Massachusetts Hospital Association. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
|This article relating to a hospital in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|