|STC rapid transit|
Entrance to Metro Allende
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||14 September 1970|
Metro Allende is a station on Line 2 of the Mexico City Metro system. It is located in the Colonia Centro district of the Cuauhtémoc borough of Mexico City, on Tacuba street west of the main square in downtown.
The station has the peculiar feature that its platforms are not directly connected underground as it is the case with most stations in the system. In order to change platforms at Allende one has to exit the station and cross the street, thus making it necessary to pay the fare again, a feature only shared with Metro Tezozómoc in Line 6.
- Teatro de la Ciudad, theater.
- House of the Legislative Assembly of the Federal District
- Museo Nacional de Arte, national art museum.
- Palacio de Minería, museum of the Faculty of Engineering of UNAM.
- Northeast: Tacuba street, Centro
- Northwest: Tacuba street, Centro
- Southeast: Tacuba street and Motolinia street, Centro
- Southwest: Tacuba street, Centro
- "Allende" (in Spanish). Sistema de Transporte Colectivo. Archived from the original on 28 January 2012. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- Archambault, Richard. "Allende » Mexico City Metro System". Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- Monroy, Marco. Schwandl, Robert, ed. "Opening Dates for Mexico City's Subway". Retrieved 17 August 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Allende (station).|
|This Mexico City Metro article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|