This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|STC rapid transit|
|Location||Romero de Terreros, Coyoacán
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||30 August 1983|
Metro Copilco is a station along Line 3 on the Mexico City Metro. Located in the Coyoacán borough, in the south of Mexico City, on Avenida Enríquez Ureña (Eje 10 Sur). It is the penultimate station along the southern portion of Line 3.
The station logo depicts an Olmec representation of a coiled water snake or dragon (symbols of the lightbug, which is also a personification of the God of Water). Copilco means "in the Royal Crown" in Nahuatl. The station opened on 30 August 1983.
Above the station's platforms is the mural El perfil del tiempo by Guillermo Ceniceros, depicting paintings and art from ancient pre-Hispanic cultures, works by famous artists such as Leonardo da Vinci, and Mexican art from José Guadalupe Posada, Diego Rivera and others. This station also has a cultural display.
Many of the passengers are students, headed for the nearby campus of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). Metro Copilco is particularly close to the schools of medicine and dentistry. This station serves the Copilco Universidad, Romero de Terreros, Copilco el Alto and Pedregal de Santo Domingo neighborhoods, as well as several estates (closed groups of high-density residential buildings), such as Integración Latinoamericana and Copilco 300.
- School of Odontology, UNAM
- School of Economics, UNAM
- School of Chemistry, UNAM
- School of Engineering, UNAM
- Central Library of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)
- Southeast: Cerro Tres Zapotes street and Eje 10 Sur Enríquez Ureña, Romero de Terreros
- Southwest: Cerro Tlapacoya street and Eje 10 Sur Enríquez Ureña, Romero de Terreros
- North: Eje 10 Sur Enríquez Ureña, Romero de Terreros
- "Copilco" (in Spanish). Sistema de Transporte Colectivo. Archived from the original on 10 October 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Archambault, Richard. "Copilco » Mexico City Metro System". Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Línea 3" (in Spanish). Sistema de Transporte Colectivo. Archived from the original on 8 August 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Copilco" (in Spanish). Sistema de Transporte Colectivo. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- Monroy, Marco. Schwandl, Robert, ed. "Opening Dates for Mexico City's Subway". Retrieved 14 August 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Copilco (station).|