The Irish Times
|Sister newspapers||The Irish Times
Irish Daily Mail
Metro Herald was the title of a free daily commuter newspaper in Dublin, Ireland. It was formed in 2010 following the merger of the two previously competing publications, Metro Ireland and Herald AM, to create a profit for their respective backers, including Independent News & Media, Daily Mail and General Trust, and The Irish Times.
The newspaper ceased publication on 19 December 2014.  13 jobs were lost. The company said that the newspaper had become "unsustainable".
- Rival Dublin freesheets Herald AM and Metro Ireland to merge | Media | guardian.co.uk
- The Irish Times - Thu, Jul 02, 2009 - 'Metro' and 'Herald AM' to merge
- Dublin freesheet papers to merge - RTÉ News
- INM, Daily Mail to merge rival Dublin newspapers - Media, Business - Independent.ie
- Metro Herald - How it all started