Metro Manila Film Festival New Wave Awards
|Metro Manila Film Festival New Wave Awards|
The following are the New Wave Awards given by the Metro Manila Film Festival.
In 2010, the film festival had undergone some changes. One change is that the festival format will give a tribute to independent "indie" films. For the first time in the 36 editions of the Metro Manila Film Festival, it paid tribute to the independent filmmakers in the country by featuring five indie films in addition to the eight mainstream movie entries in the 36th Metro Manila Film Festival.
In September 2011, Atty. Francis Tolentino, chairman of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) changed the category name of "Indie" films to "New Wave" films to make it sound better and more attractive to hear, as well as including "Student Short Film Category" for the first time. The New Wave category starts during the 37th Metro Manila Film Festival in 2011.
In 2016, they announced that there would no longer be a distinction made between "mainstream" and "indie" films in the MMFF and the New Wave Category was dissolved.
Indie Films awards
- Best Indie Film: Presa - Adolf Alix, Jr.
New Wave awards
- "Changes in 2010 MMFF introduced". Yahoo. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- "‘Indie’ out, ‘New Wave’ in". Tempo. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- View complete screening schedule of the New Wave entries of the 37th MMFF on PEP.ph
- MMFF 2016 revamped: 10 important changes to know. Rappler. Retrieved 2017-07-13.
- "Metro Manila Film Festival:2010". IMDB. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- "Winners of the New Wave category of the 37th MMFF unveiled". pep.ph. Retrieved 2012-01-02.
- "38th Metro Manila Film Festival winners". Yahoo. Retrieved 2014-04-21.
- "MMFF 2013 Awarding Ceremony List of Winners". Phil News. Retrieved 2014-04-21.