|STC rapid transit|
The platforms for Line 12 just after opening in 2012.
Mixcoac, Benito Juárez|
|Platforms||4 side platforms|
19 December 1985|
30 October 2012
Problems playing this file? See media help.
The station runs deep under Avenida Revolución, a main thoroughfare in Mexico City. It serves the Mixcoac area of the city. There are two main entrances to the station: one in the west sidewalk of the aforementioned avenue and the other in a small plaza between Avenida Revolución, Avenida Patriotismo, Eje 7 Sur Extremadura and Calle Empresa. The station logo depicts a snake because the Nahuatl name Mixcoac means "Nest of Cloud Serpents".
In 2012, with the inauguration of Line 12, Mixcoac became a transfer station, as well as the temporary terminus of the mentioned line.
Mixcoac station houses the Museo del Metro (Metro Museum), a museum dedicated to the history and culture of the Mexico City Metro.
The museum has seven rooms, each one with specific items including: whiteprints, floor plans and technical drawings from the construction of the metro, a collection of photos, metro tickets from different periods and archeological objects that have been found during the excavations to build the twelve metro lines.
- East: Av. Revolución between Extremadura street and Empresa street, Mixcoac
- West: Av. Revolución between Andrea del Sarto street and Benvenuto Cellini street, Col. Santa María Nonoalco
- Southeast: Av. Patriotismo and Donatelo street, Col. Insurgentes Mixcoac
- Northeast: Empresa street and Av. Revolución, Col. San Juan
- Schwandl, Robert. "UrbanRail.Net > Central America > Mexico > Ciudad de Mexico Metro". Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- "Mixcoac" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 8 August 2011. Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- Archambault, Richard. "Mixcoac » Mexico City Metro System". Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- Schwandl, Robert. "Opening Dates for Mexico City's Subway". Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- "Ampliarán Línea 12 del Metro del DF". Sipse (in Spanish). February 14, 2013. Retrieved July 27, 2018.
- Museo del Metro
- Media related to Mixcoac (station) at Wikimedia Commons