|Headquarters||225 North Michigan Avenue Suite 1600
Chicago, IL 60601, U.S.
|Kara Walsh, CEO
Jim Marzullo, VP Operations & Business Development
Originally launched in 1996 as metromix.com by the Chicago Tribune, it was a local Chicago website targeting young, socially active adults looking for an insider’s perspective on local trends and hotspots.  Users were typically 21 to 34 years of age with significant disposable income and highly active social lives. It earned various awards including the EPpy Award for Best Entertainment Site and the Digital Edge Award for Best Advertising Program. 
A guide to local restaurants, bars and clubs, events, concerts and movies, Metromix became available in over 60 markets.  In late 2009, the company launched 27 new sites to complete their presence in the top 50 DMAs. 
In October 2010, Metromix launched a new section to their site which offered aggregated deals in each respective market
In 2012, Gannet and Tribune ended the Metromix partnership. Metromix no longer offers a national presence and all references to cities besides Chicago were removed.
In 2014 Metromix was spun off with the Chicago Tribune as part of the new Tribune Publishing group.
The former Metromix.com website is now located at Chicago.Metromix.com.
- Tribune Publishing History Timeline
- AP: Metromix Wins EPpy for Best Overall Site Design
- Gannett Co., Inc. Gannett to Join Tribune and Partner on Local Entertainment Sites
- Gannett to Join Tribune and Partner on Local Entertainment Sites
- The Hollywood Reporter: Digest: Date for AOL; Gannett, Trib venture
- Former Metromix.com list of Metromix Cities
- Business Wire Metromix Launches in 27 Additional US Markets
- Ad Week: Metromix Prepares for National Expansion
- Metromix Deals: Tribune: List of Metromix Cities' Deals
- Business Wire Metromix Introduces One-Stop Destination for Deals-Focused Social Planning
- Reuters: Counting on Metromix, Growth Update May 12, 2008
- Reuters Metromix.com Launches New iPhone Application That Helps You Find Nearby Places to Go and Things to Do
- Local Onliner
- "Gannett Blog: Memo: GCI, Tribune end Metromix partnership; Gannett Digital to 'absorb' entertainment sites". Gannett Blog. 2012-01-17. Retrieved 2015-06-27.