The Shops at Perry Crossing
||This article was nominated for deletion. The discussion was closed on 8 November 2015 with a consensus to merge the content into the article Plainfield, Indiana. If you find that such action has not been taken promptly, please consider assisting in the merger instead of re-nominating the article for deletion. To discuss the merger, please use the destination article's talk page. (November 2015)|
The Shops at Perry Crossing (formerly known as The Metropolis Lifestyle Center), is a 600,000 sq ft (56,000 m2) open-air retail in Plainfield, Indiana, 10 miles (16 km) southwest of Indianapolis.The Shops at Perry Crossing is among the largest retail complexes in the western portion of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Area.
The center draws visitors from throughout Central Indiana to its 44 stores and anchors – JC Penney, Dick's Sporting Goods, Barnes & Noble– as well as restaurants, such as Claddagh Irish Pub, Stone Creek Dining Company, Panera Bread and Heidi Pops Gourmet Popcorn. Also popular are its many boutiques and the Carmike Metropolis 18 theater. Additional retailers include Victoria's Secret, Coldwater Creek, Old Navy, and DSW.
Formerly known as The Metropolis Lifestyle Center, The Shops at Perry Crossing opened in October 2005 with 550,000 sq ft (51,000 m2) of retail, restaurants and entertainment venues. The original developer, Christopher P. White, filed for bankruptcy in 2009. CBRE Group was then appointed by the court to take control of the shopping center. Poag Shopping Centers purchased The Metropolis Lifestyle Center in February 2014,  renaming it The Shops at Perry Crossing in October 2015 as part of a $11.1 million renovation and rebranding project to revitalize the shopping center. Renovations to the property include a redesigned central plaza with flex areas to accommodate events and spaces for guests to gather. Additional parking, signage and improved lighting will enhance the shopping and dining experience. Construction will be completed by November 2015 with the grand re-opening scheduled for later that month.
The Shops at Perry Crossing is located in Hendricks County, Indiana, the second fastest growing county in Indiana and the 62nd fastest growing county in the United States. The complex is located near the intersection of Perry Road and US 40 and is near Indianapolis International Airport.
- JCPenney (95,000 sq ft)
- Dick's Sporting Goods (66,000 sq ft)
- Carmike Cinemas (90,000 sq ft)
- Barnes & Noble (26,774 sq ft)
- Memphis company Poag buys Metropolis mall in Plainfield. indystar.com (2014-02-10). Retrieved on October 11, 2014.
- "Metropolis mall plans new name, $11M renovation". Indianapolis Star. Retrieved 2015-10-19.
- "Metropolis announces $11.1 million renovation and name change to The Shops at Perry Crossing :: 05/06/2015 :: The Shops at Perry Crossing, Plainfield, IN". The Shops at Perry Crossing. Retrieved 2015-10-19.
- "Plainfield Shopping Center to Change Name". www.insideindianabusiness.com. Retrieved 2015-10-19.