Metropolitan Area of Cúcuta
|Cúcuta metropolitan area
Cúcuta-Los Patios-Villa del Rosario
|Motto: Por la región lo damos todo!.|
|Other Municipalities||Villa del Rosario, Los Patios, El Zulia, Puerto Santander, San Cayetano.|
|• Total||470 sq mi (1,200 km2)|
|• Density||399/sq mi (154/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern Time Zone (UTC-5)|
The Cúcuta metropolitan area is a Colombian metropolitan area located in the eastern section of the Norte de Santander department bordering with Venezuela. Its main city is Cúcuta. It is composed by the municipalities of Cúcuta, Los Patios, Villa del Rosario, San Cayetano, El Zulia and Puerto Santander.
It was created by the Decree # 000508 of 1991.
The Mayor of Cúcuta has authority over all the municipalities of this conurbation as the Metropolitan Mayor, although these territorial beings conserve their autonomy (mayorship, council, etc..).
- AMC - Structure
- AMC - City of Cúcuta
- Metropolitan Area of Cúcuta - Los Patios
- Metropolitan Area of Cúcuta - Villa del Rosario
- Metropolitan Area of Cúcuta - San Cayetano
- Metropolitan Area of Cúcuta - El Zulia
- Metropolitan Area of Cúcuta - Puerto Santander
- Luis Ángel Arango Library - Metropolitan Areas of Colombia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cúcuta Metropolitan Area.|