This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Year founded||1974, 2017 (relaunch)|
|Final issue||December 2009|
|Based in||New York City, New York|
Metropolitan Home is an interior design magazine published by Hearst Magazines. The magazine focuses on "high-end modern design and interiors, blended with intelligent reporting, to connect with a progressive reader mindset."
History and profile
Metropolitan Home was part of the Meredith Corporation until 1992 when it was acquired by Hachette Publications. The first issue under Hachette appeared in January 1993. The publisher reduced it from monthly to bi-monthly publication.  Its annual Design 100 issue was their largest selling single issue.
In 2009, Hachette decided to concentrate on its top interior design magazine, Elle Decor, and shut down Metropolitan Home. The December 2009 issue of Metropolitan Home was the last issue published.
In 2016, new owner Hearst began publishing Metropolitan Home.
- Stephanie Clifford (9 November 2009). "Metropolitan Home Will Close After Its December Issue". The New York Times. p. B4. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "The Last Page". Advertising Age. 15 December 2009. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- Deirdre Carmody (4 November 1992). "Hachette Acquires Metropolitan Home". The New York Times. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- David Abrahamson; Marcia R. Prior-Miller (5 June 2015). The Routledge Handbook of Magazine Research: The Future of the Magazine Form. Routledge. pp. 181–. ISBN 978-1-317-52453-3. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- Bill Mickey (9 November 2009). "Hachette Closing Metropolitan Home". Folio. Access Intelligence. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Metropolitan Home". subscribe.hearstmags.com.