This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Publisher||Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S.|
|Final issue||December 2009|
|Based in||New York City, New York|
Metropolitan Home was a magazine published by Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S. The magazine focused on "high-end modern design and interiors, blended with intelligent reporting, to connect with a progressive reader mindset."
History and profile
The magazine was launched in 1974. It was originally published from its start in 1974 through 1981 as Apartment Life, focusing primarily on urban lifestyles; the publication rebranded itself in 1981 as Metropolitan Home. The magazine was part of the Meredith Corporation until 1992 when it was acquired by Hachette Publications. The first issue under Hachette Publications appeared in January 1993.
Metropolitan Home's publisher, Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S., decided to dedicate its resources exclusively to its other interior design magazine, Elle Decor, which was number one in ad sales in the category, compared to Metropolitan Home, which was third. The December 2009 issue of Metropolitan Home was the last issue published.
New editions of Metropolitan Home will begin publishing in Fall 2017 with new publisher Hearst Magazines.
- David Abrahamson; Marcia R. Prior-Miller (5 June 2015). The Routledge Handbook of Magazine Research: The Future of the Magazine Form. Routledge. pp. 181–. ISBN 978-1-317-52453-3. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- Stephanie Clifford (9 November 2009). "Metropolitan Home Will Close After Its December Issue". The New York Times. p. B4. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "The Last Page". Advertising Age. 15 December 2009. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- Deirdre Carmody (4 November 1992). "Hachette Acquires Metropolitan Home". The New York Times. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- Bill Mickey (9 November 2009). "Hachette Closing Metropolitan Home". Folio. Access Intelligence. Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Metropolitan Home". subscribe.hearstmags.com.