Metropolitan Municipality of Lima
The Metropolitan Municipality of Lima (Spanish: Municipalidad Metropolitana de Lima) is the regional and provincial government of Lima Province, which accounts for about one-third of Peru's population. It is established according to the 2002 Organic Law of Regional Governments (Ley Orgánica de Gobiernos Regionales) and the 2003 Organic Law of Municipalities (Ley Orgánica de Municipalidades).
The organs of the Metropolitan Municipality of Lima are:
- the Council (El Concejo Metropolitano);
- the Mayor of Lima (La Alcaldía Metropolitana); and
- the Metropolitan Assembly (La Asamblea Metropolitana de Lima).
Function and powers
According to Article 154 of, the Metropolitan Municipality of Lima exerts jurisdiction, in matters within its competence, on the districts of Lima.
- Article 153 of the Organic Law of Municipalities
- Article 156 of the Organic Law of Municipalities
- Article 162 of the Organic Law of Municipalities
- Municipalidad Metropolitana de Lima (in Spanish)
|This article about government in Peru is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|