Metropolitan School District of Lawrence Township
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Metropolitan School of
|6501 Sunnyside Rd.
Marion County, Indiana
|Superintendent||Dr. Shawn A. Smith|
|Students and staff|
|District mascot||Lawrence Central Bears
Lawrence North Wildcats
|2009 Graduation Rate:||85.0% |
|Schedule||multiple schedules in use|
The Metropolitan School District of Lawrence Township is a school district in Lawrence Township in northeast Marion County, Indianapolis, Indiana. It covers an area of 48 square miles (120 km2) and in 2010 had a student enrollment just under 16,000.
It includes two high schools, two middle schools, eleven elementary schools, four kindergarten centers, and one alternative school for at-risk students of middle-school and high-school age. It also operates a Diploma Recovery Program for adults (over 18) and a Community Education Program.
The district includes eight National Blue Ribbon Schools, which have achieve a 97% graduation rate and over 75% progression to post-secondary education.
- Belzer Middle School
- Fall Creek Valley Middle School
- Amy Beverland Elementary School
- Brook Park Elementary School
- Crestview Elementary School
- Forest Glen Elementary School
- Harrison Hill Elementary School
- Indian Creek Elementary School
- Mary Castle Elementary School
- Oaklandon Elementary School
- Skiles Test Elementary School
- Sunnyside Elementary School
- Winding Ridge Elementary School
Early Learning Centers (Kindergarten)
- Amy Beverland Early Learning Center
- Brook Park Early Learning Center
- Mary Castle Early Learning Center
- Winding Ridge Early Learning Center
|This Indiana school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|