Mexico City Metro Line 5
|Line 5 / Línea 5|
Exterior view of Metro Consulado
|System||Mexico City Metro|
|Ridership||232,199 passengers per day (2016)|
|Opened||December 19, 1981|
|Operator(s)||Sistema de Transporte Colectivo (STC)|
|Rolling stock||- Trains MP-68 made in France in 1968, refurbished by Bombardier in 1994|
- Trains NM-73AR Cabin Classic made in Mexico by Concarril and Alstom between 1973 and 1978 refurbished by STC workers between 2003 and 2009
- Trains NM-83 made in Mexico by Concarril between 1983 and 1990
- Trains NM-73AR Cabin CAF made in Mexico by Concarril, Alstom and CAF between 2000 and 2004 refurbished by CAF between 2003 and 2009
|Line length||14.435 km (9 mi)|
|Track length||15.675 km (10 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Operating speed||36 km/h (22 mph)|
Mexico City Metro Line 5 is one of the 12 metro lines built in Mexico City, Mexico.
The color that represents it is yellow and runs from the north to the east. This line usually had the NM73 trains but due to the introduction of the NM02 trains in Line 2 now it is served by NC82 Canadian trains made by Bombardier.
- December 19, 1981: from Pantitlán to Consulado.
- July 1, 1982: from Consulado to La Raza.
- August 30, 1982: from La Raza to Politécnico.
Line 5 has had different types of rolling stock throughout the years.
- Alstom MP-68: 1981–2004; 2008-present
- Concarril NM-73: 1981–2004; 2008-present
- Concarril NM-79: 2004-2012
- Concarril NC-82: 2004–2012
- Concarril NM-83: 2004–2012
Future stock November 2018
- Concarril NM-83: 2018-present
|No.||Station||Date opened||Situation||Distance (km)||Transfers||Location|
|01||Politécnico||August 30, 1982||Ground-level, underground access.||-||0.0||
||Gustavo A. Madero|
|02||Instituto del Petróleo||August 30, 1982||Ground-level, underground access.||1.3||1.3||
|03||Autobuses del Norte||August 30, 1982||Ground-level, underground access.||1.2||2.5||
|04||La Raza||July 1, 1982||Ground-level, underground access.||1.1||3.7||
|05||Misterios||July 1, 1982||Underground, trench||1.0||4.7||
||Gustavo A. Madero / Cuauhtémoc|
|06||Valle Gómez||July 1, 1982||Underground, trench||1.2||5.9||Gustavo A. Madero / Venustiano Carranza|
|07||Consulado||December 19, 1981||Ground-level, underground access.||0.8||6.7||
|08||Eduardo Molina||December 19, 1981||Ground-level, underground access.||0.9||7.6||
|09||Aragón||December 19, 1981||Ground-level, underground access.||1.0||8.6|
|10||Oceanía||December 19, 1981||Ground-level, underground access.||1.4||10.0||
|11||Terminal Aérea||December 19, 1981||Underground, trench||1.2||11.3||
|12||Hangares||December 19, 1981||Underground, trench||1.4||12.6|
|13||Pantitlán||December 19, 1981||Ground-level, underground access.||1.8||14.4||