Mexico at the 2007 Pan American Games
|Mexico at the
2007 Pan American Games
|NOC||Comité Olímpico Mexicano (in Spanish)|
|in Rio de Janeiro
13–29 July 2007
|Flag bearer||Iridia Salazar|
|Pan American Games appearances (overview)|
The 15th Pan American Games were held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from 13 to 29 July 2007. Mexico participated with 400 athletes and 218 staff members (delegates, officials, medical and auxiliary staff).
- 1 Goals
- 2 Medals
- 2.1 Gold
- 2.2 Silver
- 2.3 Bronze
- 3 Revoked medals
- 4 Results by event
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Mexican athletes achieved the Mexican Olympic Committee goal for the National representation as they ended up placed at the 5th place in general medal count, same place obtained at the 14th Pan American Games.
- María Romary Rifka – Women's high jump
- Ana Gabriela Guevara Espinoza – Women's 400m
- José David Galván – Men's 10000m
- Carlos Cuadras Quiroa – Men's bantman 54Kg
- José Cristóbal Quirino – Men's C1 1000m and 500 categories.
- Manuel Cortina and Jesús Valdez – Men's K2 1000m and 500m categories.
- Manuel Cortina – Men's K1 500m
- Paola Espinosa – Women's 10m platform and 3m springboard categories.
- Paola Espinosa and Laura Sánchez – Women's 3m synch springboard
- Vanessa Zambotti – Women's over 78Kg
- Erick Gálvez – Men's individual.
- Alejandra Gaal – Women's up to 49Kg
- Iridia Salazar – Women's from 49 to 57Kg
- María del Rosario Espinoza – Women's above 67Kg
- Carolina Valencia – Women's up to 48Kg category (First Gold medal for Mexico at the 2007 Pan American Games).
- Dulce María Rodríguez de la Cruz – Women's 10,000m
- Juan Luis Barrios – Men's 5000m and 1500m categories.
- Horacio Nava – Men's 50Km walk
- Giovanni Lanaro – Men's pole vault
- Talis Apud – Women's 3000m steeplechase
- Ana Gabriela Guevara Espinoza, Gabriela E. Medina, Zudykey Rodríguez and María Teresa Rugeiro – Women's 4x400m relay
- Aida Román – Women's individual.
- Paola Espinosa and Tatiana Ortiz Galicia – Women's 10m synch platform
- Laura Sánchez – Women's 3m springboard
- Rommel Pacheco – Men's 10m platform
- Cynthia Yazmin Valdez Pérez – Women's individual all-around
- Ruth Castillo Galindo – Women's individual apparatus, hoop
- Bertha Gutiérrez – Women's under 60Kg
- Tania Elías Calles Wolf – Women's one person dinghy, laser radial
- Patricia Midori Castañeda Miyamoto – Women's 400m and 800m freestyle categories.
- María Esther Sánchez – Women's 20Km walk
- Alejandro Suárez – Men's 10000m
- Nora Leticia Rocha – Women's 5000m
- Omar Cepeda de León – Men's 50Km walk
- Procopio Franco – Men's marathon.
- Mexican and Nicaraguan men's national teams, Bronze medal in Baseball, the game was cancelled due to rain, and the Organizing Committee decided to award the medal to both teams.
- Braulio Ávila Juárez – Men's fly 51Kg
- Anca Ionela Mateescu – Women's K1 500m
- Ruth Castillo Galindo – Women's individual all-around
- Cynthia Yasmín Valdez Pérez – Women's individual apparatus, rope, clubs and ribbon categories.
- Blajaith Aguilar Rojas, Sofía Díaz de León Lastras, Marienne Montserrat Martínez Medina, Ana Cristina Ortega Benítez, Citlaly Quinta Álvarez and Sara Elizabeth Reyes Rodríguez – Women's all-around
- David Mier y Terán – Men's Windsurfer, Neil Pryde RS:X
- Andrés Akle Carranza and Jorge Xavier Murrieta – Men's double-handed dinghy, snipe
- José Roberto Elías Orozco – Men's 10m air rifle
- Alix Moncada – Women's 10m air rifle
- Ariel Mauricio Flores Gómez – Men's skeet
- Samantha Terán – Women's Squash.
- Samantha Terán, Karina Herrera Zúñiga and Nayelli Hernández – Women's team
- Erick Gálvez, Jorge Baltazar and Marcos Méndez – Men's team
- Juan Veloz – Men's 200m butterfly
- José Luis Ramírez – Men's from 68 to 80Kg
- Oscar Aguilar – Men's Greco-Roman 96Kg
- The Pan American Games Organizing Committee decided to revoke the Bronze medal obtained by the Mexican Women's gymnastics team (Marisela Arizmendi Torres, Maricela Cantú Mata, Yesenia Estrada Martínez, Érika Mariene García Aguiñaga, Elsa García Rodríguez Blancas and Yeny Ibarra Valdez); Marisela Arizmendi Torres had an accreditation as an official ("As" accreditation) instead of being registered as an athlete ("Ao" accreditation), therefore the PASO Executive Committee decided to revoke the bronze medal and award it to the Canadian Women's team, who came up as 4th during the competition.
Results by event
Women's Team Competition
- Team Roster
- 1:53:43.51 – 9th place
- 1:56:26.50 – 18th place
- 1:56:49.99 – 19th place
- 2:00:44.24 – 5th place
- 2:01:00.46 – 7th place
- 2:04:20.30 – 15th place
- "Women's team: Mexico's bronze medal canceled". Rio2007 Official Website. Archived from the original on 22 August 2007. Retrieved 20 July 2007.
- "Mexico loses gymnastics medal for accreditation error". Reuters UK. 19 July 2007. Retrieved 20 July 2007.